Thought I was leavin this one alone......

Did say I was leaving this one well alone and cup spoilers later, H&R springs, bluetooth and Tunepoint....and plans for spacers and wheels...the addiction to mod is starting again...this might get messy lol

Thought I was leaving mine alone too but have easily spent over a grand on mods (And it doesn't even show!)

i am waiting for a successful supercharger kit to be developed. think jamie going (jamsport) is the guy doing one for someone on here.

stu.

I specifically bought a 197 because I thought that mod's were limited/none existent. Once I'd bought the car I just started reading deeper to find stuff and a couple of months later, I'm shellling out hundreds of quid on a shiny exhaust. It was the first mod and I'm sure it won't be the last...

Last edited:
I specifically bought a 197 because I thought that mod's were limited/none existent. Once I'd bought the car I just started reading deeper to find stuff and a couple of months later, I'm shellling out hundreds of quid on a shiny exhaust. It was the first mod and I'm sure it won't be the last...

Forums should have a Gov health warning. Soon as you start seeing the other members cars it starts...thought I'd finished and then..saw that lovely Recaro leather interior, then some black oz or 18" megs, matched inlets and map.
Oh no the jamsport supercharger conversion is nearly done. Wheres the crack pipe!!!!!

Mine was meant to be staying standard too.

I've resisted for 7 months but some new pads & discs, HEL hoses and Millers Fluid turned up on Thursday.

I'd considered Cup suspension and Eibach's before but dismissed them by telling myself it'd be mega expensive... Turns out it won't be. So now that's gone on the shopping list too and if I see a set of Recaro's at the right price then I'll be having them... Oh and when I send her away to have the wheels refurbed next year, the calipers are getting color-coded Deep Black and I might just have saved enough for a K-Tec by then too.

Hello, I'm Will. I have a problem. I bought my realistic dream car and I've now fell into the trap of modding it. Don't help me, I'm happy as a pig in sh!t. :smiley:

I modded my 182 from standard to a CS.net dream. Alot of money spent on it.

I've promised I am only going to make my Gordini a little easier on the eye :wink:

Not into massive modding but I have now got the bug and have quite a few plans for the new year. There more cosmetic and personalisation than modding!

Ye, I intended to keep mine completely standard. Got a few small things, nothing major. Think it's going to stay that way too now.

i baught this car as my old moded 182 was doing my head in, but want it lower now so got h&r springs also ill prob be geting a pro speed zorst somtime nxt year i just dont want it too lose to much value lol i want the best of both worlds

Once you pop you can't stop, i bought a vts with plans to leave it alone apart from subtle mods.

A few months later we were stood in a unit rebuilding the engine with lairy cams…

I did ok fixing it so even selling it in 18 months I should still get back what it costs me to fix it...see project "phoenix from the flames". Like most things to do with moddin', it can be as simple as £10 or as much as £10,000. Thats the beauty of it. Got to be sensible with this project though. I had a supercharged 330 and went too far. Moddin in my opinion should compliment whats already good about the car. Theres lots good about the 197.