This cant be right?......can it?

Hey guys,

I need your help on something cos this doesnt seem right. Finally got round to sorting myself out some recaro's for my clio 200. However i wondered if anyone could be the quote i got from my dealer. So i had a look on the internet at Renaultsport parts in google. It came up with this site.....

www.renaultukparts.co.uk

They have some really nice stuff on there which im getting. So i emailed them to see if they could get me a set of recaro seats.

They said yes.....but it was going to cost me £4-£5k per seat! Thats nearly as much as the whole car is worth.

Heres how they broke it down.

Back rest frame £779.35
Base frame £2067.80
Then on top of that would be the runners and seat itself.

Is this right? Has anyone bought the recaros after they bought the car?

Mike

I can imagine that buying seats to add at this stage will probably be more expensive than speccing them new when buying a car ...

but that price is a joke ! £8K for two seats..... think they are trying to sell you top of the range racing seats there, serious overkill for a £10K road car.

stay away from those !

This is what i mean. For that price i may aswell Sell the clio and get a brand new clio with that spec.

Tbh i only got the car because if i ordered one in scotland i would have had to wait about 6 months to get it. So i went to leeds to get one that was already there. It was speed more than anything.

Unfortunately they are silly money to buy from parts department. You can buy them a lot cheaper direct from recaro but they won't have the renault sport fabric

Have a chat with Twingeekeo. He works at SMC and I am sure he'll do you a deal, as he sorts out a lot of deals for people on the Renaultsport forum.

capital seating crop up plenty of times for recaros - think the cs start at £750 ish

Thats great i got your email thanks Karl. A very quick service and i must recommend you to everyone. You guys do have some nice stuff on your site. Stuff i was going to put on the clio. However i think i have other plans now.

I have realised now i should have bought this car brand new and spec'd it how i wanted. Its just too expensive to buy all the pieces afterwards. Ill might be selling up and startin again. Seems like the only logical way really.

Again many thanks to Karl.....hope to be dealing with you again soon

Yeah pretty much. Dont see the point in spending nearly 5k per seat so thats and Extra 10K on top of 14K ive paid for it when i can trade it in for same car same spec with recaros for 16K

thats only 2k more than ive already spent and its a newer car lol

But yes Karl ill be coming to you for the extras lol