200T: Thinking about a 200T

Hey,

I'm currently driving an Ibiza FR 1.4 TSI with DSG and I want a change and a slightly bigger car.

I'v kept my eye on these since they were announced and on paper they seem to be everything I want.

With it having some new technology in it is there any major problems with them? Is the EDC gearbox solid? Because even VAG had problems with DSG at first!

From reading through some threads I've gathered there is something wrong with the R-Link system? IS that a glitch on all cars or just an unlucky few?

Thanks.

What issues did you read with r link? I find it a good bit of kit, the Nav is one of the better ones out there, certainly far more user friendly and easier to understand than my brother in laws 3 series. I've had a glitch with the ipod not being recognised once following an update, but it was quickly resolved with a further update and no issues since.

The gear box seems pretty good, it doesn't seem too quick until it's in race but then it's very snappy and enjoyable. I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the box so far to think of it, just one or two owners who have had a bluefin from superchips and an unknown error.

Best bet is to go and try one, they're still too new to know about long term issues

There's a thread on here with somebody complaining about multiple problems and something about the R-Link.

Its a year old car I'm looking at but it has 4+ so its covered for a decent amount of time!

Another question somebody might know the answer too.. I was reading about the official Renaultsport trackdays, when you buy your car on finance though it says don't use it for anything but road use. If its official do they let you use it?! :thumbup:

There was some early issues with the r-link system but it seems to be sorted now. The gearbox is really good much better than the one that was in the TTS I had as a higher car.
If your worried about the r link system get the non lux car like I have got which doesn't have it. I have had mine 12 months 18000 miles and no issues at all.

Ah right, the one I am looking at is the Lux, I do like all the extra bit you get with the Lux though.

Unfortunately though it hasn't got the Cup pack, without the black 18" wheels it does look like it is missing a trick, but the car seems a very reasonable price with 3 years service and warranty so I can overlook it! (Just about)

I drove cup and non cup. The non cup was so compliant and smooth it was lovely, but the cup isn't exactly bone shattering.

What do you call reasonably priced?

I would Deffo want r link. The tom tom live seems very good and has worked flawlessly for me. Its had many nice compliments from many people who have said how clean it looks and well it works.

Its 1 year old with 9k miles and 3 years of the 4+ left for £15.4k, price going down every day!

Looking at P/Xing my car and re-financing.

Doesn't sound too bad a price to me.

You could always change the wheels for something different later on (should you wish).

Must admit that I tend to agree with you that the black wheels look so much better. I definitely think that Renault are missing a trick by not offering more customization on their cars (loads of manufactuireres cashing on on this sort of thing now). A shame that they don't offer the stock 17in in black and maybe the red calipers as options. Did not want the cup suspension myself, as while the driving roads round this part of rural SW Scotland are great, they are pretty rough in a lot of places. This is the main thing that put my off the Fiesta ST (great car as it is), round here you would need a trip to an osteopath every other month (tried one for an afternoon and it was not for me)!

I test drove a Cup pack one yesterday, the gearbox and power delivery is nice and smooth.

Only down side is there wasn't any open roads to drive it so all I could really get a feel for was what its like to drive in 30mph traffic really.

Seriously contemplating it now though, not sure whether to wait for a slightly higher mileage one to come through for cheaper because I do very little mileage so its not a big factor for me.

Hi

The one you are looking at appears to be one of the cheapest that I've seen advertised (did consider 2nd hand myself at one point ... but decided in the end to opt for a PCP on a new car). So gut feeling is that you might well be waiting a fair time for one to come along that's much cheaper. You never know though. Good luck.

There are a number starting to appear in the used section on Renault UK's WEB site now http://usedcars.renault.co.uk/results.aspx?wflw=se_na_re_vi and the cheapest there is around the £15.5k mark.

I forgot to mention the original car I mentioned had a deposit on it when I rung up about it.

The car I drove and got a quote for is more expensive but probably about 1/3 of the mileage and more warranty left.