Things I like

When you take a couple of pictures with your phone and they actually come out good! Would still love a DSLR though.

Reactions: Chris
Phones cameras are so good nowadays - it depends if you can justify the money, once upon a time a dedicated camera was a must!

In terms of camera's i've got a Iphone7, a small Canon, A Panasonic Lumix and a Fuji DSLR.

The Lumix in particular is so small, easy, with fantastic (internal rechargeable) battery life and gets such great shots......the DSLR barely see's the light of day nowadays.

And apart from the phone making my car look dark in standard settings. It's hardly worth having anything other than a decent phone unless you're REALLY into it.......

Reactions: DS197
Phones cameras are so good nowadays - it depends if you can justify the money, once upon a time a dedicated camera was a must!

This is why having a credit card is dangerous...my want list is remarkably large at the moment..:excited:

Reactions: Chris
In terms of camera's i've got a Iphone7, a small Canon, A Panasonic Lumix and a Fuji DSLR.

The Lumix in particular is so small, easy, with fantastic (internal rechargeable) battery life and gets such great shots......the DSLR barely see's the light of day nowadays.

And apart from the phone making my car look dark in standard settings. It's hardly worth having anything other than a decent phone unless you're REALLY into it.......

What Canon have you got?

Same boat for me really - have got a small panasonic lumix, my dad has a DSLR (which hasn't seen the light of day in ages - similar to you) but I can use it. Got to say I took the camera on holiday and didn't use it, just used my phone (which is a 6 plus, soon to be upgraded!).

Sneaking off for pie & mash whilst the missus is clothes shopping

She'll get back and be like - you want some lunch?

What Canon have you got?

A powershot something or other ! You ?

Its a few years old now. Never really got into it. The Lumix (Again a few years old) was on offer one Christmas. So i bought me and my Dad one.

As i'm sure you know - they come with the renowned Leica lense, it's 14 or 16mp and is a real easy camera to use. So pretty much my go-to these days. If the phone isn't 'to hand'.

Reactions: Benno
Same boat for me really - have got a small panasonic lumix, my dad has a DSLR (which hasn't seen the light of day in ages - similar to you) but I can use it. Got to say I took the camera on holiday and didn't use it, just used my phone (which is a 6 plus, soon to be upgraded!).

She'll get back and be like - you want some lunch?
Yes darling what you fancy:wink:

Reactions: Chris and Benno
A powershot something or other ! You ?

Its a few years old now. Never really got into it. The Lumix (Again a few years old) was on offer one Christmas. So i bought me and my Dad one.

As i'm sure you know - they come with the renowned Leica lense, it's 14 or 16mp and is a real easy camera to use. So pretty much my go-to these days. If the phone isn't 'to hand'.

I'm DSLR-less at the moment! However always been a Canon fan, most recently a 600d, should never have sold mine in the first place and I'm currently endeavouring to find another one for a decent price..

Edit: Big fan of the Leica lens. Started off with being showed and lent something similar to yours, can't remember exactly. Then went for a Fuji S100FS. Not a DSLR but a Superzoom camera, was great to learn with and very cheap to get hold of now.

I'm DSLR-less at the moment! However always been a Canon fan, most recently a 600d, should never have sold mine in the first place and I'm currently endeavouring to find another one for a decent price..

Edit: Big fan of the Leica lens. Started off with being showed and lent something similar to yours, can't remember exactly. Then went for a Fuji S100FS. Not a DSLR but a Superzoom camera, was great to learn with and very cheap to get hold of now.

Yea - the Fuji bridge type camera's are pretty fair too. Just looked and i've still got a Fuji S3200 here too with a load of accessories. Such a shame. Bet it's worth pennies now and would still be a really good camera for someone.

Good luck with the DSLR !! (What do you fancy in an ideal World ?)

Reactions: Benno
Yea - the Fuji bridge type camera's are pretty fair too. Just looked and i've still got a Fuji S3200 here too with a load of accessories. Such a shame. Bet it's worth pennies now and would still be a really good camera for someone.

Good luck with the DSLR !! (What do you fancy in an ideal World ?)

I'd love a nice big Canon EOS 1D, only about £4500 body only......proper kit though.

In a slightly more realistic scenario, I wouldn't mind a nice MacBook (absolutely brilliant and so easy to work with when editing photos/videos), slightly higher spec Canon than my 600D, possibly a 750D or something similar, GoPro for the car and a drone for those epic scene shots..

Only thing a DSLR does noticeably better than modern smart phone cameras is depth of field and low light pics.

Unless you are doing dark night time pictures or want a really shallow depth of field, smart phone will do the same if not better than DSLRs.