The UR R27 (ultra rusty)...Hub Joints done!

John1006

Platinum Member
So thought it about time to set up my progress thread seeing as I get married next month and will be able to spend some time and money on the Rusty bitch.

Still haven't fitted my new discs and pads all round and have been eyeing other bits like cup spoiler and front splinter, but also some bigger issues like replacing my broken drivers mirror which got snapped off in a Waitrose car park at night with no cars by it. And then the biggest issue, it's keyed down the drivers side, whilst I was parked up for a wedding, a whole row of 8 cars got it all the way down, been quoted 350 quid for the respray then would need new sticker so it's just been left till after the wedding.

Few pictures of her so far,
first week of ownership, evening track day at Brands

7186074597_55b18c42ed.jpg
Untitled by Slaughter_S4P, on Flickr

Trip up to Evo triangle
7186102603_8ee2707392.jpg

Trip to La Rochelle to see her old relatives
7930881744_f9e8a77672.jpg

First meet at the tunnel
8159425004_98f32502ca.jpg

Track time at Silverstone with a 600bhp GTR
8481988795_02b3a9a77a.jpg

Evening PH pub meet
8933755106_fbb0748ac9.jpg

Beaulie PH meet in its normal shade of Red
9559135491_992f873e50.jpg

Finally How Fast last year, see you have seen her clean before
11516408644_132dfd1aa9.jpg
image by Slaughter_S4P, on Flickr

Last edited:
I thought the reg number on this looked familiar, we went into a Tesco's near crawley I think it was, last Thursday morning and I think I saw this car, was it you?

So managed to get my brakes finally done. After driving a couple of hire cars in the last week and getting back in mine I really think it was overdue. I had ordered my Mtec discs a while back, got some mintex 1144 pads for up front after reading Tree went for them and was happy with them, then through BLG got some standard rear pads. Top service from them getting them to me last week.

Few pictures
Old and new fronts
yge5abyg.jpg

Old and new backs
e9u5y6up.jpg

Pretty corroded
ajeraby9.jpg

Old front pads and new, got my money's worth I think
arutany3.jpg
aruja3yd.jpg

New and old rears,
a2eme7ym.jpg

Rear pads old and new
agydy2uq.jpg
y6epugyn.jpg

BUT, a big but whilst having the wheel off checked out my hubs, it's not good. My NS lower ball joint is dead. Got a good couple of mm play, and the inside of my tyre is rubbed off, guess that sits well that my tracking is out. Soooooooo next project getting them changed over ready for summer,

This pic shows what state my pads were in also how bad my callipers were and in the background the troubled hub...
enevaga8.jpg

Good choice, let me know your thoughts on the set up..... On another note, man you needed them changing! Haha

Well today has been a long but well worth day. 348 mile round trip to Aaron's Autos in Derby to get both hub joints replaced.

What a great service they offer, and great to see. Small team of guys who genuinely love what they do and sure they could teach a few boyzeee mechanics round here. In surrey I'm sure elsewhere it happens as well, but mechanics just don't respect your opinions, for example I know the gearboxes in these are bad don't try and tell me it's how I drive it, likewise with anything else it's always "ohhh it's gonna cost ya" don't just hit me with how much you are going to make! Anyway rant over,

Few pics,
About 5:10 this morning

mubebyza.jpg

The two 172's they are racing this weekend at snetterton

ydypy9ad.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Walshy7ev Gallery 2
Walshy7ev Detailing 13
Walshy7ev R27 Register 1
Clint197 New Members 7
John1006 Gallery 17