The Traffic Light GP

The Traffic Light GP

• Total voters

Fernandez

Gold Member
We've all been there, sat at the lights next to someone who thinks they know better, but what do you do?

Last edited:
sometimes i ply either game and beat them :smile:. most of the time i just look and think to my self, did i used to be like that? lol

If its a ****ter of a car I let them go for a few secs, then floor it past. Majority of time I take the morale high ground lol

most of the time i go for it but i love making them think your game ie high revs edging forward and then when the lights change driving as slow as possiable its funny

Depends on my mood as to whether I bother or not but I do get some sort off childish satisfaction from smoking the odd bm or audi. I tend to find its the 2.0 TDI company car brigade that always seem to try and show me that their co*k is bigger only to find that they have a wiener...

Last edited:
We've all been there, sat at the lights next to someone who thinks they know better, but what do you do?

Depends, if it's another 'performance' car I just leave them to it and don't get involved.

It's some middle aged bloke in a [insert generic diesel barge] which probably cost a heap more than the french clutter I like to show them up just for pips and jiggles.
Best one is to pretend you're trying up through 1st remaining level then boot it in second..... bye bye :smile:

Launching the Clio is a technique in itself though it seems.

I don't go mad though, my desire to keep my license over weighs my desire to one up people on the road.

Yeah I know what you mean about mr audi a4 2.0tdi driving up the chuff! Just wish I had an arrow pointing to the Renault sport badge on the boot!

Most traffics lights around my way are in 30 and 40 zones, the times that I have had some fun always ends up in them carrying on to 60 odd in a 30/40, so I don't get involved anymore.

Just watch and laugh as they burn half their rubber onto the road.

Launching the Clio is a technique in itself though it seems.

You sure got that right, still haven't mastered it myself. I always either kanagroo like a bell-end or stay pretty much stationary whilst the traction control tries to figure out what the hell is going on ;/

I had a hilarious experience only a few days after I got my Clio. For those of you who don't live in Dorset, we have the Megatron of Gatsos's here they put them on traffic lights! So essentially, if your coming up to a light just as it's changing, you have to slap the brakes on, woe betide the man who accelerates to try and make it through before they go red.....

Read more about Dorset Police revenue generation tactics HERE
(Also please note, these lights where this speed camera is, well it's a duel carriageway...with a 30 limit??!!!)

Be warned, we (The good people of Dorset) are the guinea pigs, I believe this is being rolled out nationwide, this single camera makes nearly 2 mil in revenue a year...yes...2 Mil for one camera.

Anyway I digress, although I needed to explain the placement of specific camera to give you the full picture of what happened.

I was being harassed, tailgated, weaving and all the tell tell signs that the person behind you is either drunk, struggling to stay awake or thinks they are Lewis Hamilton. This specific enemy was a Mk4 Astra 1.6 with some Halfords alloys and a shopping list on the wings. This went on for maybe a couple of miles through the town centre until we reached the set of traffic lights BEFORE the evil ones........they were red, and said Astra and it's couple of pikey inhabitants pulled up next to me. The passenger smiled, then nodded and the driver revved his hair dryer...erm sorry engine. So...I revved mine with no intention of wasting any fuel to prove I had a faster car, I guess I just wanted to egg them on a bit. Lights changed and right on cue, off into the future went this Astra leaving behind it a cloud of blue smoke, the smell of slipping clutch, burberry aftershave and some kind of time warp only Professor Brian Cox could explain as this thing struggled to break the speed limit....... before the end of the universe.

I gently pulled away and.....watched as this pair of idiots finally managed to break 30 just as they flew through Megatron...there was no attempt to brake....just a double flash and the biggest LOL of my entire life. Seriously, I nearly had to pull over because I couldn't see for tears :rofl:

Last edited:
I had a hilarious experience only a few days after I got my Clio. For those of you who don't live in Dorset, we have the Megatron of Gatsos's here they put them on traffic lights! So essentially, if your coming up to a light just as it's changing, you have to slap the brakes on, woe betide the man who accelerates to try and make it through before they go red.....

Read more about Dorset Police revenue generation tactics HERE
(Also please note, these lights where this speed camera is, well it's a duel carriageway...with a 30 limit??!!!)

Be warned, we (The good people of Dorset) are the guinea pigs, I believe this is being rolled out nationwide, this single camera makes nearly 2 mil in revenue a year...yes...2 Mil for one camera.

Anyway I digress, although I needed to explain the placement of specific camera to give you the full picture of what happened.

I was being harassed, tailgated, weaving and all the tell tell signs that the person behind you is either drunk, struggling to stay awake or thinks they are Lewis Hamilton. This specific enemy was a Mk4 Astra 1.6 with some Halfords alloys and a shopping list on the wings. This went on for maybe a couple of miles through the town centre until we reached the set of traffic lights BEFORE the evil ones........they were red, and said Astra and it's couple of pikey inhabitants pulled up next to me. The passenger smiled, then nodded and the driver revved his hair dryer...erm sorry engine. So...I revved mine with no intention of wasting any fuel to prove I had a faster car, I guess I just wanted to egg them on a bit. Lights changed and right on cue, off into the future went this Astra leaving behind it a cloud of blue smoke, the smell of slipping clutch, burberry aftershave and some kind of time warp only Professor Brian Cox could explain as this thing struggled to break the speed limit....... before the end of the universe.

I gently pulled away and.....watched as this pair of idiots finally managed to break 30 just as they flew through Megatron...there was no attempt to brake....just a double flash and the biggest LOL of my entire life. Seriously, I nearly had to pull over because I couldn't see for tears :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: nice way for me to start the day with that story...belting!

:rofl: I would have love to have seen that, immense..... I always seem to get family man in his dull blue ford smax people carrier try it on, for some reason they think the red s badge means they are driving a focus rs, some of them get burned but half the time they have it crammed with kids so I let them get on with it, if they are stupid enough to risk their own kids lives im staying well out of the way.

Never used to bother me in the Clio but Lisa loves to show them that her little 500 isnt just a gimick.

Just under 3k rpm in that little thing is such a laugh 290nm till 4.5k then it holds peak power to the read line. Nope hope for the tdi brigade when the Garett turbo from the punto ss is chucked on it with all the other gubbins.

I stopped even trying lately as the quality of challengers round here is limited to 1.2 saxos/astras with car loads of young lads.

Best one I had was at the lights, I was in the left lane, and a car full of teenagers pulled up next to me, saw the car, would the window down, egging me on to a drag race.

I gave it some revs, they all cheered.

lights went to red+amber, he floored it, LOADS of smoke from his front tyres! Clearly wasnt going to be much of a challenged

However, I was turning left.. daft sods :smile:

you dont really get this sort of thing being on a bike,

nobody wants to play when im on the ZX6R LMFAO,

You sure got that right, still haven't mastered it myself. I always either kanagroo like a bell-end or stay pretty much stationary whilst the traction control tries to figure out what the hell is going on ;/

:rofl:

Same! ;/

very rarely does anyone ever taunt me at light. However i do get plagued with tailgating at the momment. I now associate blue light kits (HID) with ****s.

Best way is to deal with it is slow right down to about 10mph.

very rarely does anyone ever taunt me at light. However i do get plagued with tailgating at the momment. I now associate blue light kits (HID) with ****s.

Best way is to deal with it is slow right down to about 10mph.

i get a alot of tailgating as well, I find it absolutely infuriating

:chair:

^^ winds me up too, even more so when your in the 3rd lane of a motorway with a transit up your jacksy, the last time I looked vans didnt have Brembo's, they had disks and pads made from cheese.