The long waited Liquid Yellow R27 (Pic heavy)

So after owning my first clio and turning it into a little bit of a "172 Rep" with carbon bonnet.

SDC11884.jpg
SDC11759.jpg
SDC11761.jpg
SDC11760.jpg

Then shortly after getting truly annoyed with getting pulled every other time i went out. I really wanted a 197 at this point, but it quickly became unrealistic with quotes still coming out at more than the car. I had to find a stepping stone of a car until i could afford it. Then I thought the natural progression was the meg.

DSC00745.jpg
_DSC6547.jpg
_DSC6558.jpg

Now I'm 20. In October 2011 I finally looked into getting a 197, my dad then convinced me to get the R27, the attitude was just pay a little bit more and get it or you will always think thats what I should have got.

I did it properly and got every option I was after:
Climate control
Speed limiter
Cruise Control
Xenons
Aluminium Bonet
Recaros
Red Brembos
Keyless entry and Go

A very happy bunny :smile:

And this is it when i first got it :smile:
_DSC7692.jpg
_DSC9627.jpg
_DSC9519-1.jpg
447b3464.jpg
b938b0d6.jpg
_DSC0453.jpg

I don't really want to touch the car just tweak a few bits.

Such as first thing. White interior bulbs
_DSC0454.jpg

Then some better rubber, so I chose some T1R toyo Proxes :smile:
0e0d5f9a.jpg

Sod's law next. A week after fitting them, I won a set of Lassa Phenoma at Autosport show 2012, I was a little unsure about them at first as it wasn't a brand that I was totally aware of. But I am not going to be turning down some free tyres. So I had them fitted and had a small photo shoot for PFC magazine.

_DSC0459.jpg
aa5cd117.jpg

Next came these cool looking LY dash strips and wheel insert supplied by SprayShack - Top work fellas :smile:

_DSC0446.jpg
_DSC0447.jpg
_DSC0452.jpg
_DSC0445.jpg

At this time I bought a boot tidy and boot net, pretty pleased with these.

Then a group buy came up on Clio197.net of enlarging throttle bodies.
This increased the size of the TB from 60mm to 64mm

Got it today and the car is beginning to learn the TB with fluctuation of idle RPM, though I have been assured that it will improve, it just needs to be driven and in a couple of days all will be good :smile:. It has helped iron out some of the lumpiness that the VVT brings and also has improved low end torque which is pretty much the downfall of the 197 (besides the low MPG figure!).

From this:
_DSC0438.jpg

To this:
_DSC0455.jpg
_DSC0458.jpg

6e0bbaa0.jpg
_DSC0431.jpg
_DSC0429.jpg
ec7d2abf.jpg

Thats that for now!
Next up is probably a set of matched inlets, maybe a v6 airbox and a map :smile:
I am also after a spare wheel to chuck in the boot under the net.
Also looking at a cup spoiler - but a bit worried about drilling the dreaded holes :blush:

Thanks for looking :smile:

Brocky

Last edited:
Nice, subtle mods are always the best. Is the improved low end torque after fitting the TB really apparent?

Nice, subtle mods are always the best. Is the improved low end torque after fitting the TB really apparent?

Quite apparent id say
makes the entire rev range smoother
makes the distinguishable 197 noise more predominant early on
and helps remove some of that sluggish pre 4k performance :smile:

Looking good mate, LY is such a nice colour. Glad you're happy with the TB too. Any future mods planned?

Matched inlets and if i CBA with getting a smaller battery V6 airbox (I dont really want to move it to the boot tbh :worried:, obv a map too to compensate.

Also looking for a spare too for the boot.

Before having to shed out for MOT, insurance and road tax I don't really have any money for what I want! (Matched inlets, Remap, Front end respray and retro fitted tom tom) But don't worry it will all come!

For now I have followed the rest of the "sheep" not too sure if I like it but meh! Not bad for a 99p mod, what you guys think?

I've had it on 3 hours and already 2 comments of "oh great is that for the jubilee"
:|

FAIL!

8ec43a83.jpg
a5f8bf44.jpg
28e9d681.jpg
7ba2b425.jpg

poor iphone pics!

After selling and installing Lamin X for the past year and still not actually applied any on my own car,

I used this on the R27 clio, Subtle tint. After applying it I wanted it a touch darker so applied a 2nd layer of the subtle tint.

Whatcha guys think?

Before:
d5385026.jpg
41bbc333.jpg
0634aa1f.jpg

During:
8a0dda93.jpg

1 layer:
fcec7b21.jpg

2 layers:
cecdfd45.jpg

installed:
1db71507.jpg
abe0a098.jpg
b873f170.jpg
0c74c7f0.jpg

9ac96f68.jpg

The pics make the lights look alot darker than reality, ill get some better pics later on my DSLR to show they aren't that dark!

Will be applying yellow to the E46 later :smile:

Hey all, it's been a while since my beloved R27 has seen many updates :worried:. I have been focusing on setting up my website for the past month so the clio got put on hold. (I'm pretty sure you can guess my website domain from this post...)

Not many updates tbh, firstly though was silvervisions, always needed to be done!

_DSC1766.jpg
_DSC1767.jpg

Then I thought a few carpark dents needed to be banished. (All of these were then when I bought the car :worried: )
_DSC1540.jpg
at £35 a panel I couldn't complain :smile: perfect job :smile: Unfortunately no pics of the finished article.

Then a few maintenance issues needed to be sorted before I headed off to santa Pod :smile:
Brake Fluid change
Tracking
Addition of my sites logo on the rear window :smile:

I ran 15.6 with a full tank, a passenger, "bad conditions" (Apparently) and not the stickiest tyres. So overall, I'm not too gutted with that :smile:

Now, a problem since I have bought the car. The previous owner pointed out a few dings in the rear left quarter, and a minor key mark down drivers side. They agreed to lower the price slightly so i could get them sorted, this along with some minor stone chips and front end scratches meant that the body shop needed to be visited today.

Here are some before shots, after will be when I return from my holiday and it will be all blinging with some fresh paint on the front bumper and rear quarter, and also some new gloss black grills :smile:

_DSC1764.jpg
_DSC1538.jpg
_DSC1765.jpg
_DSC1536.jpg
_DSC1769.jpg
_DSC1770.jpg
_DSC1773.jpg
_DSC1774.jpg
_DSC1776.jpg

PS. another minor update with the Lego dust caps, hehe!
_DSC1772.jpg
578F9CEB-F9FA-4049-82AF-DD2908860D6D-5394-0000050CE1386ECD.jpg
C15F2B48-4B3A-48F4-8F9C-95A2FCA9C839-5394-0000050CE8FAD6CF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic!

Glad I read this thread also as I am looking at the TB route. You didn't need a map or anything after fitting?

Pics look amazing mate and I really like your logo design! Nice to see your rocking the lego dustcaps ha ha, hope your happy with them mate

Very happy with them!
And yeh very happy with the logo, have a look at our site if you get a sec, see what ya think :smile:

looks a good site, nicely layed out etc and some great pics too. Do you mind if I rob one of your pics to put on my dust cap FB page?

I see this around quite a lot! I know u have seen me aswell... I am normally driving up and down the A12 as i live in romford but work in stratford! I've got a LY200 with black speedlines and black roof! Number plate H7 OCD! Give me a wave if you see me :smile: