The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
Exhaust

Im in the market for an exhaust ideally spending no more than £600, after looking at the 'what exhaust do you have' thread all it did was make me want to splash out on a full akrapovic system lol so im no closer to deciding and need some ideas!!

People are just going to suggest the exhaust they have as its probably the only one they've had on the 200 and so only they can recommend.

Eg: I have a scorpion, so you can guess which is recommend.

The thread you looked at is great for comments etc against each, but if you've already looked then not sure what to suggest.

I want it to be good build quality... like ive heard k-tech exhaust rattle after a while. Other than that i want it to pop and burble nicely but not so loud as im waking the neighbors up when i go to work.

Hello mate, I'd probably go for a milltek £500 ish new or a piper resonated £600 ish new, or you could go second hand some come up on here from time to time or ebay, think there's a couple on now if you have a look £2/300 if I remember correctly.

Hope that helps.:smile:

I was considering a scorpion just because they gains are so small on any exhaust for the clio I can't see the point in paying loads out on an exhaust

Where did you get your scorpion from? That's a good price

Is yours resonated or non resonated and did you get a sport car or decat too?

Their website shows decent gains and weight savings on non resonated systems but I wouldn't want anything too loud as alot of the trackdays I'm doing are 98db days

I was considering a scorpion just because they gains are so small on any exhaust for the clio I can't see the point in paying loads out on an exhaust

Where did you get your scorpion from? That's a good price

Is yours resonated or non resonated and did you get a sport car or decat too?

Their website shows decent gains and weight savings on non resonated systems but I wouldn't want anything too loud as alot of the trackdays I'm doing are 98db days

I just emailed scorpion directly - were very helpful.

I got the non-res cat back. Sound is perfect and isnt too loud/drony. Have been told it sounds like the akra, but akra one is slightly louder

I have heard a TDF/scorpion and I think it sounds awesome so I am going to get one of them, they are fairly cheap on ebay brand new aswell inc sports cat

did they take a reading at all? they usually stick a probe up your exhaust :blink:

They took a reading yes but i forgot to ask what DB figure it got. I'd be interested to know so i guess that's another reason to do how fast again :wink:

I'm not sure if he was sticking things up my rear end, wasn't aware of anything but perhaps he just didn't touch the sides :S

I have heard a TDF/scorpion and I think it sounds awesome so I am going to get one of them, they are fairly cheap on ebay brand new aswell inc sports cat

On ebay I think they (non-res cat back) are £359 or something (is whatever i paid) and going direct to Scorpion its £400.

I spoke with Scorpion and they agreed to match the price

Thanks

Any flat spot after removing the centre silencer?

I will remap eventually but don't want to until warranty has expired.

Guys I have heard the scorpion Non-Res cat back (for £359) isn't a great fit and has a tendancy to rattle around/melt diffusers? is this true? I was literally about 10 seconds away from buying one and I read somewhere (can't remember where) about it.

Any help would be great as if its false I WILL be buying one at that price!!!