The Christmas tree thread

Lmao johnny literally every branch has a bauble! Epic status!

We've never bought a bauble in our lives either. I inherited our 1st tree from an old workplace along with baubles. This year my mother in law gave us her decorations as she's decided she can't be bothered at 85 & has a small pre decorated tree instead. We just decided to bung the lot on & see what happened. I must say it took a while but I do like the result.

Reactions: Chris and Big Ben
We've never bought a bauble in our lives either. I inherited our 1st tree from an old workplace along with baubles. This year my mother in law gave us her decorations as she's decided she can't be bothered at 85 & has a small pre decorated tree instead. We just decided to bung the lot on & see what happened. I must say it took a while but I do like the result.

I had the displeasure of buying them for the first time this year, what made it a displeasure was the baubles we bought didn't have the string on them (and they were from bloody John Lewis) so I had to put string (thread from sewing kit) on every single bloody one.

Lesson learnt - NEVER BUY BAUBLES WITHOUT THE STRING

Reactions: Jimmy and Johnny 99
I had the displeasure of buying them for the first time this year, what made it a displeasure was the baubles we bought didn't have the string on them (and they were from bloody John Lewis) so I had to put string (thread from sewing kit) on every single bloody one.

Lesson learnt - NEVER BUY BAUBLES WITHOUT THE STRING

Exact same thing happened to us last year! Took us longer to put the bloody strings on all the baubles than it did for us to decorate the entire flat :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Chris
can i ask what is the meaning of the tree? and all the decorations? what do they represent?
I know Santa clause was a saint clause (i think) who use to offer shelter and gifts over the xmas period. (is it true coca cola invented the modern day look of santa?)

Santa was originally pictured in a green suit & Coca-Cola put him in red for an advertising campaign one year since when that colour stuck.

Fir trees have been used for winter festivals for thousands of years. Pagans used them to remind themselves of the spring to come, the Romans for a festival honouring Saturn (I think, correct me if I am wrong). I believe they symbolise everlasting life with God in Chritianity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197