The 5 Hot Hatch 1/4 Mile.

Yeah true, a lot of money for what you get.. yes its quick but except for 2 exhausts and no fog lights visually its no different from a 2l diesel.

Where as the Meg, VXR, GTI all look different from their lower models.

wonder if they will bring out an M2 because the M135i isn't a true M car, plus as you say doesn't look a great deal different (plus the coupe like your old one looks wayyyyy better than the hatch)

Vxr sound nice but as far as it goes for me - wouldn't buy one

gollf does look nice, but quite pricey and in that price range is orobs rather look at an S3 (same engine and the R?)

On a track I think meg would be saying bye bye to them all too?

Meg FTW! That's of course the least bit biased :wink:

wonder if they will bring out an M2 because the M135i isn't a true M car, plus as you say doesn't look a great deal different (plus the coupe like your old one looks wayyyyy better than the hatch)

Vxr sound nice but as far as it goes for me - wouldn't buy one

gollf does look nice, but quite pricey and in that price range is orobs rather look at an S3 (same engine and the R?)

On a track I think meg would be saying bye bye to them all too?

Meg FTW! That's of course the least bit biased :wink:

The most biased paragraph ever :rofl:

I agree with it though.. the golf gti is really nice though, when I bought my clio the dealer took me to see it in his mk6 gti and they are so nice, feels really up market and build quality is amazing.

I'd think BMW will release a 2M yeah will just be an upgraded version of the 235i like the current. Shame will have their ridiculous price tags though, that new 235i starts at £35,000...

The most biased paragraph ever :rofl:

I agree with it though.. the golf gti is really nice though, when I bought my clio the dealer took me to see it in his mk6 gti and they are so nice, feels really up market and build quality is amazing.

I'd think BMW will release a 2M yeah will just be an upgraded version of the 235i like the current. Shame will have their ridiculous price tags though, that new 235i starts at £35,000...

i could have got an M135i for a similar monthly payment as the meg (jack looked into it just out if interest) but I just said nah, is quick but for the money it doesn't stand out enough etc etc

yeah quality of the golf will be great, that red one that was at piston heads last summer was really nice!

yeah, for 35K would you be buying a 2 series? If I was looking at BMW then I'd see what 1M / M3 can be had for that amount

i could have got an M135i for a similar monthly payment as the meg (jack looked into it just out if interest) but I just said nah, is quick but for the money it doesn't stand out enough etc etc

yeah quality of the golf will be great, that red one that was at piston heads last summer was really nice!

yeah, for 35K would you be buying a 2 series? If I was looking at BMW then I'd see what 1M / M3 can be had for that amount

Yeah I went to look at that one in Croydon with only 1000 miles but wasn't sold really.

Think that red gti was the mk5 edition 30 if I remember rightly, was nice.

You can buy a 1M now for £35k lol, no brainier IMO.. although the 135i's are seriously fast when modified, there's one on YouTube that's quicker than a Gallardo lol

Lol take those rs tinted glasses off boys, gtc vxr can match a meg on track (regardless if conditions) and given it's a couple of tenths down on the 0-60 in actual test shows it's a capable car

Lol take those rs tinted glasses off boys, gtc vxr can match a meg on track (regardless if conditions) and given it's a couple of tenths down on the 0-60 in actual test shows it's a capable car

I raise you my RS tinted glasses, to your VXR tinted glasses............................................................ :thumbsup:

Can match a meg on track? Isn't a meg the fastest FWD production car in the world?! Unless the VXR has AWD which I doubt ;/ (edit: i'm talking Ring lap times here - My mind thinks one thing, I type the other)

Last edited:
pe9ase6y.jpg

Same driver same conditions

http://youtu.be/CR2uUb4d4NI

No tinted glasses what so ever owned 3 different hot hatches from 3 different manufactures Iv also driven a meg 250 on various occasions

Not trying to come across as a mug here - but obviously that is a 49 second lap...

Looking at ring times 265 is what 8:07? GTC VXR is 8:33 IIRC.

It all adds up. And don't get me wrong I think your seats look the business :thumbsup:

Really makes no difference on the lap time as you would still see some gap start to build if their was such a noticeable difference as some on here are trying to make out

Same driver same conditions is the only real comparison to make and this is the only one I could find to hand, the meg may be faster round the ring but with same driver and conditions it will be close, like I said tinted glasses and peoples perceptions of a car they know nothing about

See above, makes it more surprising that it keeps with a meg on track

the current VXR (one in your pic) is quite a bit of an improvement over the previous isn't it? The previous one not having great handling and the gearbox out of their 1.5 diesel model?

Really makes no difference on the lap time as you would still see some gap start to build if their was such a noticeable difference as some on here are trying to make out

Same driver same conditions is the only real comparison to make and this is the only one I could find to hand, the meg may be faster round the ring but with same driver and conditions it will be close, like I said tinted glasses and peoples perceptions of a car they know nothing about

You don't own a meg either though.. I can't be bothered haha. You say rose tinted but yours are also because you own the thing.. Hypocritical?

Find me an unbiased opinion.

I'll leave it at that.

the current VXR (one in your pic) is quite a bit of an improvement over the previous isn't it? The previous one not having great handling and the gearbox out of their 1.5 diesel model?

Iv never driven the it so I wouldn't know but it didn't get a very good reception for its handling characteristics, people who mod them usually upgrade the rear ain't roll bar as well due to said handling issues

You don't own a meg either though.. I can't be bothered haha. You say rose tinted but yours are also because you own the thing.. Hypocritical?

Find me an unbiased opinion.

I'll leave it at that.

Oh dear have you lost the ability to read and make a constructed point based upon what I have said ??

Iv driven a meg on various occasions when I lived in Germany but at the same time I'm not pulling the meg down for being a **** car like others are on here of the vxr even though most will have never driven it

How is that a bias opinion? or are you stating that because I believe the two cars would be close on track is a bias opinion? Clearly not as I have posted some evidence to back up my opinion

Hi Luke did have a drive of a VXR. But got the Meg a ReMap well (Chip) how's things

A good choice no doubt as both the cars are great, considered the meg as well but for me the warranty and extra space made the car slightly more appealing, going good but unfortunately il be having to sell soon as I will be venturing into the housing market very soon and my funds won't cut a house and a new car :worried: very sad times, how you finding the meg?