Testing the Mood

I don't often start threads but I just wondered if anyone else was feeling "chirpy" recently?

Normally I am happy on a Friday night just because its the furthest point from Monday morning, however, this week and in particular has been really good at the office! Lots of revenue generated, new role, different jobs to do... Plus my team hit their July target today :smiley:

Makes me feel like I actually deserve 2 days off!

So how's everyone else feeling?

:smile: or :worried:

Worried to he'll about my operation
Glad you feeling good though. Enjoy while you can

I decided to find a new job, massively underpaid and under appreciated at the moment so technically :worried:

I'll be happier tomorrow as I'm probably going to run up to dales.

I decided to find a new job, massively underpaid and under appreciated at the moment so technically :worried:

I'll be happier tomorrow as I'm probably going to run up to dales.

Why don't you take the car mate ??? Lol

LMAO Roy!

I've been the same recently Tom, totally frustrated with the management hence opting for a slight change of scenery! But I know what you mean and until this week for about a month I've felt ready to look around if I'm honest.

When's the op Roy? I haven't been on in ages and didn't realise you had one coming up. Be thinking of you as always.

Have you written that letter yet Si? Let rip when you do!

LMAO Roy!

I've been the same recently Tom, totally frustrated with the management hence opting for a slight change of scenery! But I know what you mean and until this week for about a month I've felt ready to look around if I'm honest.

When's the op Roy? I haven't been on in ages and didn't realise you had one coming up. Be thinking of you as always.

Have you written that letter yet Si? Let rip when you do!

18th July Emm
Thanks

All is well in the N0ddie household at the mo. Our new little arrival is finally here, but could do with giving Mummy and Daddy at least a couple of hours sleep at night.

Have 4 weeks off work and heading up Applecross with Mike later this month.

All the best for then Roy, hope it all goes well.

I bet it is N0ddie! Glad your lil bundle is doing well :smile:

Last edited:
All is well in the N0ddie household at the mo. Our new little arrival is finally here, but could do with giving Mummy and Daddy at least a couple of hours sleep at night.

Have 4 weeks off work and heading up Applecross with Mike later this month.

Lol you wish mate.enjoy your 4wks off

I'm looking forward to it big time N0ddie.

Now then, as for me tonight, yeah bad week at work, tired as buggery, eating Currywürst mit Pommes un eine Cola auch, but I look at life thinking I am very very lucky, so it takes a seriously bad thing to happen before i'm phased.

Roy, I'm certain all will be good for you sir. You are a wise old owl, you'll be fine :smile:

Times can be tough but I always think how lucky I am compared to others in this world and realise how lucky I am :smile:

I got suspended from work on full pay yesterday until next week... The weather is great and I earnt ~£90 today playing with my son and walking around the shops with him and the missus. So, all things considered, this week has been really good!!! :smiley: My suspension is related to an accident I had in the truck, which wasn't my fault and it's a company procedure for me to stay off whilst they investigate.

The Story;

I was at Audi in Stockport on Thurs afternoon, to collect their waste card and paper. I had to reverse the truck (32T Scania) through a tight (11' wide, the truck is 9'2" wide), angled gateway after turning around on the forecourt (space approx 30' square) amongst the R8s etc. Now, I got through the gate in reverse, no problem. But, my banksman (had his HGV Licence for 3 years longer than me for the record, although I'm in a senior position) told me to stop and to move forward in order to straighten up to avoid the building to my left which has a low overhang on the roof...

I moved forward, approx 1MPH (it hasn't even registered as movement on the Tacho) and I heard a metallic jangling. I know what you're thinking, I've hit an Audi. Wrong. The rear end of my truck has an overhang (width ways each side) of about 3", this had hit a metal gate post. A metal gate post that I couldn't see in my mirror because there was a 12' high wall in front of it. A wall that I'd positioned the truck about 10" away from. My banksman hadn't seen the gate post either because he was on the other side of the truck...

The gate post wobbled. The gate post hit the wall. The wall, it seems, was made from spit and tissues and had been built by somebody without the gift of ''bricklaying ability''. The wall fell over. And landed. On top of a 59 plate Audi A4. Error.

But, it was a diesel, so that's one less sales rep driving like a tw@t on the road next week whilst he waits for a new car.

I've got a couple of pics which I'll post up once the investigation is finished. :smile:

Last edited:
Well I suppose if it's that good... :smile:

Eventful week then Willis? Not a bad week to have off though I suppose and an Audi isn't a great loss to motoring world is it?!?

Last edited:
Hahaha, yeah I timed it quite well with the weather!!! Looking like ~£30K bill all in, small price to pay to rid the world of an Audi diesel.

I think my company are going at it from the ''your builder built a sh!t wall'' angle so I imagine they'll meet somewhere in the middle on the bill.

Hahaha, yeah I timed it quite well with the weather!!! Looking like ~£30K bill all in, small price to pay to rid the world of an Audi diesel.

I think my company are going at it from the ''your builder built a sh!t wall'' angle so I imagine they'll meet somewhere in the middle on the bill.

wont they reply with the "you just rammed a lorry through the wall, line"

:headphone:

this is how you build a wall.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM1GtdE8970&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: