Tesco 99 momentum

I know there is dozens of threads about petrol but hey...

My local tesco has just started selling 99 momentum (previously the nearest was over 15 miles away).

been meaning to try it for ages now and as the car was running on fumes i thought i'd give it a go on an empty tank.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! honestly you really CAN tell feel an improvement. ive never really been all that taken with V-POWER (always found my car ran better on BP super) but as the shell garage is the closest i usually use it.

The car definately feels better in the mid range and seems happier to rev quicker. really impressed!

Thats strange because as far as i learned (from a thread on here in fact) Tesco buy fuel from Shell!

I also Use Momentum 99 and would recommend it.

i thought shell was 98? maybe it is the same stuff now but im sure the car feels more responsive with the tesco stuff despite it being a hot day.

will take it for a run when the air is cooler tonight to see if its better again.

shell vpower is 99.
I tried momentum once, but my car seemed to run abit rubbish, might of got better after couple tanks, i just stick to vpower though now.

I think cold start might be better on shell but to be honest once up to temperature I never really notice any difference between fuels. Still put the good stuff in though because its better for the engine

I mostly use Tesco 99 momentum but every month I run a tank of V-power through as from what I've read on the subject it has better cleaning properties then other 'super' fuels.

if your going from 95ron or 97ron to 99ron it will take about 2 full tanks to notice your mpg and performance so its run though your system and had time to flush.

I would say 99 from tesco is super always used it in the vxrs i had.

Me too, Momentum! 5 miles away our nearest Tesco, but gospel filling her up there :smile:

i have much better mpg since i got the 197 i used 99ron as aposed to the dealers 95ron.

Hehe Betty gives me a fine return.

IMG_1180.gif

Its not :smiley:

I assure you its real :wink: Im a good boy in the week and a bad one at the weekend she gets a good seeing to on the A roads on a weekend :wink:

Thats not possible, i'd like to get some tips off you or see what mileage you get from my drive to work! LOL

I do part motorway small driving through town , based on 33 miles perday , easy peasy just do accelerate hard and use 5th 6th alot . job done its all down to how you drive , my trophy with a decat gave me 35mpg.

Tesco Momentum FTW. The one by me has closed, so been forced to use V-Power. Momentum is much better, no cold start issue running it. V-Power makes the car hope again. It also seems smoother and just generally better.

Similar Thread Suggestions