technical info req'd, BSFC

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get hold of some BSFC data for the F4R 830 engine, preferrably a map but literally anything will do at this point.

I'm getting really desperate for this now as it's quite crucial for my dissertation, I've tried contacting RS, GAD Tuning, AMD and the other forums. The most helpful was GAD although he asked for the hardware and software numbers, but as I don't own the car I can't access these.

Please forgive me if it seems like wasting people's time but I'm having to try all avenues to get hold of this, it's to use as a benchmark for my own downsized turbo engine design which I'm testing for performance through simulation.

Again, sorry if anyone feels I shouldn't be on here, last resort, any help at all would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
rsjim

I haven't got this data, and you probably won't get it straight off.. are you after it for varying engine speeds? or just for max power situation?

you could easily calc it, if you can find someone willing to tell you the max injector duty, then using fuel pressure (3.5Bar static gauge) to inlet manifold pressure delta and injector size calc fuel used and divide by approx flywheel power -it'll be pretty rough but would be realistic for the F4R-830...

-Andy

Last edited:
Thanks for responding,

I did post a very similar thread on there a couple of weeks back now, still no response though.

I realise that probably not many people have come across it, also that these forums are meant for owners.

Thought I'd just try here being that it's more specific to the engine I'm after.

Thanks buddy.

Cheers Andy,

Ideally I was after the data across load / rpm sites such as that on a map, as it'd give me a much more realistic comparison of the fuel efficiency improvements of my downsized engine.

I may end up having to just use a calculation for full throttle like you said, but as I'm comparing a N/A with a turbo it would be much less representative of the total fuel efficiency increase (across the load and rpm sites)

Many thanks for the response though, I may yet end up doing what you say if I can't find anything further.