Taking my car into renault on monday about steering wheel!

I had my steering wheel changed today. Car is 4 years and 2 months old. It was melted from the red band all the way to the 4 oclock position, baggy etc and renault paid half which came to £100 each fitted. Plus its the yellow banded wheel from a 200 which they went halfs on!

Chris

I had my steering wheel changed today. Car is 4 years and 2 months old. It was melted from the red band all the way to the 4 oclock position, baggy etc and renault paid half which came to £100 each fitted. Plus its the yellow banded wheel from a 200 which they went halfs on!

Chris

I'd say that's a good result. Might be worth including the reference number for anyone else in a similar situation?

Chris

Good result, but isn't the 200 wheel £150~ brand new?

It's listed on the Renault website as an accessory.

Nice to see nothing has changed since the 182, had the exact same problem with that.

Cant believe it still melts after the problems with the 1*2 :S why dont they make it out of the same stuff as the Megane wheel it still looks like new on mine unlike when i had my 172

Update

I phoned up yesterday to find out what was going on, apparenty the dealership had not got back to them with a price, so rang the dealership and said can you find out whats going on.

The message obviously got through because today renault phoned me to say they had recieved the price, however its miles more than it should be £440 ish! (including £60 labour), i priced one up while i was there and it was only £150 + vat!

So she is going to go back to the dealers and find out whats going on, they have offered to go 50/50 on it with me

Tom

Update

I phoned up yesterday to find out what was going on, apparenty the dealership had not got back to them with a price, so rang the dealership and said can you find out whats going on.

The message obviously got through because today renault phoned me to say they had recieved the price, however its miles more than it should be £440 ish! (including £60 labour), i priced one up while i was there and it was only £150 + vat!

So she is going to go back to the dealers and find out whats going on, they have offered to go 50/50 on it with me

Tom

Thats exactly what they did to me, I queried it and it went down to £100 each. I thought they may be trying to charge for an air bag + wheel