suspension options

debaiting to get a cheap set of coilovers or put some lowering springs on a car any ideas best options, just want the car to sit a little lower and improve the handling a little

You may struggle to get a cheap set of coilovers mate, I got mine second hand and still paid 500 quid + Fitment

If you're on a budget, go for springs. If you can stretch to coils then do that as IMHO they are worth their weight in gold, mine handles like its on rails now.

i find my clio as standard very harsh on bumpy roads , im pretty good in a car as ive had 600bhp evos and focus rs and so on and when ragging it on round abouts and that they do tend to slide loads thats my opnion any way

By the sound of it you will be more suited by coilovers then and like Ian said they not cheap for the clio but if you keep a eye open you might get a bargain:thumbup1:

What are the tyres like? Hard walled cheap tyres create a crashy ride. Need some Contis or Michelins on. Unless you are spending £1500 on suspension the Cup suspension is a well balanced setup. If you look at a lot of the Autocar videos Clio V mk2 Focus RS, the Clio comes out nearly equal. I had 3 Focus RS's MK1&2 and the Clio is more fun.

What are the tyres like? Hard walled cheap tyres create a crashy ride. Need some Contis or Michelins on. Unless you are spending £1500 on suspension the Cup suspension is a well balanced setup. If you look at a lot of the Autocar videos Clio V mk2 Focus RS, the Clio comes out nearly equal. I had 3 Focus RS's MK1&2 and the Clio is more fun.

I can certainly drive my 200 harder and faster around my local twisty lanes than I could in any of my previous RS's. The closer to the edge you are the more excitable the experience. Great handling cars!