Supporting Shuv!

Oh my good god guys.

I'm on site at work and really can't stop. Blubbering that is. I literally have a tear in my left eye.

Could just be the sea breeze in Great Yarmouth of course :smile:

I haven't had time to quite look what's going on - but I did have a really nice personal message from Gordini and I gather he's now organised a collection for my Nan ?

To say I'm totally overwhelmed is an understatement.

The power of the many here is immense. And your support is nothing less than unbelievable guys.

What a place !!!!

***Can someone summarise in short what's planned for my Nan ? Got to work. Grrrrrrr

Nip to the loo and read it all - if Spa and Laguna Seca had a love-child, it would contain the twists and turns of this thread!

Reactions: Johnny 99
Oh my good god guys.

I'm on site at work and really can't stop. Blubbering that is. I literally have a tear in my left eye.

Could just be the sea breeze in Great Yarmouth of course :smile:

I haven't had time to quite look what's going on - but I did have a really nice personal message from Gordini and I gather he's now organised a collection for my Nan ?

To say I'm totally overwhelmed is an understatement.

The power of the many here is immense. And your support is nothing less than unbelievable guys.

What a place !!!!

***Can someone summarise in short what's planned for my Nan ? Got to work. Grrrrrrr
The response is a measure of what you bring to the forum mate. I'm a little tied up with the Budget today but, in a nutshell, we raised £195.53 for you and your Nan. Originally we had planned to buy flowers for you and your family but because you are such a popular bugger, the budget is a bit bigger than flowers. As such we thought it would be nice if you and Mrs Shuv could have a couple of days away (one night at Brooklands) and visit MB world at Brooklands. In addition we wanted to get you something you had a passion for so thought a Valentino Rossi helmet would be nice. The balance was planned to spend on flowers. We have only commited to the stay for you at this stage so if you'd prefer to put the funds toward a donation for something your Nan would have liked we'd all understand. We were just thinking you might remember your Nan when your latest collection grew :smile:

The response is a measure of what you bring to the forum mate. I'm a little tied up with the Budget today but, in a nutshell, we raised £195.53 for you and your Nan. Originally we had planned to buy flowers for you and your family but because you are such a popular bugger, the budget is a bit bigger than flowers. As such we thought it would be nice if you and Mrs Shuv could have a couple of days away (one night at Brooklands) and visit MB world at Brooklands. In addition we wanted to get you something you had a passion for so thought a Valentino Rossi helmet would be nice. The balance was planned to spend on flowers. We have only commited to the stay for you at this stage so if you'd prefer to put the funds toward a donation for something your Nan would have liked we'd all understand. We were just thinking you might remember your Nan when your latest collection grew :smile:
Brilliantly put Simon.

Reactions: Beany and Gordini
I'm just overwhelmed and humbled guys. A huge Thankyou to each and everyone.

First and foremost for your moral support but also of course for the kind thoughts of something for my Nan and a 'perk me up' for me and the wife.

Suffice to say the guy I'm working with today now thinks I'm an emotional wreck for randomly 'breaking down' mid-morning.

I can't begin to Thankyou enough for making today one to remember forever.

Incredible.......

I'm just overwhelmed and humbled guys. A huge Thankyou to each and everyone.

First and foremost for your moral support but also of course for the kind thoughts of something for my Nan and a 'perk me up' for me and the wife.

Suffice to say the guy I'm working with today now thinks I'm an emotional wreck for randomly 'breaking down' mid-morning.

I can't begin to Thankyou enough for making today one to remember forever.

Incredible.......

Properly pleased for you mate. I can only imagine what it was like reading all this crap we all wrote in here and seeing the final result.

Hope you and Mrs Shulver enjoy yourselves. I think you will. :smile:

So happy that you've now seen the thread Shuv and that it's had the reaction it's had! As above, you are an absolutely awesome guy, you are a huge part of the forum, arguably one of the most popular, and we are all so glad that we could do something for you and get your tears flowing!

I really hope you and the family are coping ok after your loss, and we're all hoping that our little gesture goes some way to smoothing out the road ahead.

Echoing what other people have already said Shuv. It was important for us to show a friend that we are supporting you in a hard situation. The generosity shown would not have been there for just anybody mate.

I'm not the greatest with words but glad I managed to put some down.

Pass the tissues someone:cry:

gotta say all the above responses made my day again..:smiley: from being a bugger over to a middle aged man :tearsofjoy:
you certainly know how to be an asset to this site,and not just to the site..
very much enjoyed this little adventure to be completely honest..just showed how people can still be nice to each other..
hope you enjoy your weekend away..just dont do what i wouldnt do,and if you do make sure MRS Shuv will be very happy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: nutnutwelshman
gotta say all the above responses made my day again..:smiley: from being a bugger over to a middle aged man :tearsofjoy:
you certainly know how to be an asset to this site,and just to the site..
very much enjoyed this little adventure to be completely honest..just showed how people can still be nice to each other..
hope you enjoy your weekend away..just dont do what i wouldnt do,and if you do make sure MRS Shuv will be very happy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Echo that entirely mate. Really put a smile on my face seeing all this coming together.