Sup Guys and Girls

Pretty new to here, been on a few months but only to have a look arround at the site!

So to cut to the chase, I've been looking Into buying a clio 197 with a budget of 10K, just got a new job so I want to treat myself.
Basically I originally wanted to spend 10K on a 3 series m-sport coupe but I think that getting the 197 with less than 20K miles seems the better option here :smile:

So I've had a good look into them on here and autotrader etc. and It really is the only hot hatch I like and that I'd spend 10K on! Am I making the right decision here? How do these cars run 50/60k miles down the line?

Oh and Ill be taking a loan out at the bank I work at to pay off the car monthly,

Any Input would be awesome x

Welcome to the site. Go for it mate if you can afford it. They are great drivers cars and unless you like the chav look of the VXR, there isn't really anything that is any better for the money than the Clio 197. Even the VXR isn't that good. I've had 3 Clios now, first was a Mk1 1.2 8v RL Paris (cost me £800) and it was so much fun! Loved the car. But it had to be towed back from Yorkshire when I broke down so I bought a new Mk2 phase 2 Clio 1.2 16v and that was great too. Really handled well and went ok for a 1.2.

But the 197 is in a different league. Handling is amazing and once the engine is spun up it goes very well too! Plus it IS the best looking small/mid sized hatch you can buy IMO.

RalphyBMW on here has got a high millage 2006 '06 plate 197 (I think it's on about 70k) and he says it has coped well with the miles so far.

:welcome: to the site dude!

I'm sure the car will last for quite a while, I hope they do, I've done 24k in a year in mine lol!

Which bank you work for then??

:smile::smile::smile:

Welcome fella :smile:

My 197 is just about to hit 50k soon...and other than an odd rattle *touch wood* i've not had any issues whatsoever (maybe a respray needed of the front bumper at the worst as it's had nearly 4 years of stone chips) but other than that she runs like a dream and feels quicker than ever, I think they get better the more miles you put on them.

You can't go wrong with a 197, looks great, comfy, fast, spacious and very safe!!

Welcome to the site mate - seems like the situation I was in when I bought mine. New job and a cheap loan = :thumbup: Its been the best decision I have made to get a 197 over everything else. They are great fun and it still puts a smile on my face 18mths on!