Strangest thing has happend to my drivers seat (Help)

While cleaning my car today ( my sunday usual ) i noticed that on the left hand side of my drivers seat where the kinda foam lip comes up i noticed that the foam seam to have moved and tucked itself behing a metal bar, now the metal bar is poking up along the meterial. ive tried to pull the foam up so that its covering the bar again like it is on the the sides of the passenger seat and the other side of the drivers seat but i cant seem to pull it up. anyone any ideas how this has happend or if its happend to anyone else and how did u fix it cheers

You got standard seats? Happened to mine mate, had the seat cover removed and some new foam fitted. Cost me £80. The foam had disintegrated and I was hoovering it up from under the seat. The guy rebuilt the seat base with much bigger foam sections and glued it all. Did a great job. Seat hugs my arss much better now too!

i have been noticing foam under the seat and had no idea were it was coming from thats obviously been what it is bloody murder. were did u go to get it done mate i take it any car upholstere will do it

the more i think about it thats a major fault for a 3 year old car do u think if i was to contact renault uk they would get that sorted for me even though it only just out of warranty

Had mine done by an independent guy who was advertising on the internet. Had a good portfolio of work. Didn't even try Renault tbh, might be worth a punt. But they will probably say it is how you have sat on the seat and got in and out. The problem on mine was there when I bought it, 1 year old. So I'd imagine the lard arse who was using it before sat on the bolster.

The guy did say they weren't a particularly good design.

lol exactly the same as mine i got mine at 1 yr old and the guy at renaults exact words to me where the guy who had it b4 me was a bit large and thats y there was a bit of wear on the seat

Went into Renault today to see about getting this problem fixed they have quoted me 295 do use think this is reasonable

It's finding a local upholstere anywhere near we're I stay havent been able to find one. This is kinda my predicament if I get the foam from car who fits it lol

lol exactly the same as mine i got mine at 1 yr old and the guy at renaults exact words to me where the guy who had it b4 me was a bit large and thats y there was a bit of wear on the seat

same thing said to me then i got on to renualt uk who were very good about it and said they could replace the foam for £44 at my local dealer.give them a ring its worth a try.