197: Strange Noise

It is still with them waiting for full set of hoses. When I get it back I will be checking this out. If after a new cam belt, water pump, heater matrix and new hoses and 4 weeks of courtesy car this could be an over sight of epic! They even said they had been checking 'all of the forums' to find out what is wrong.

Got the car back today and the noise has gone it turns out that they ordered new coolant pipes and they compared them to the old ones and found they were slightly changed. Their opinion is that Renault must have changed the pipework after launch but wouldn't tell them. Either way I am very happy now I no longer have a coffee percolator under the dash.

Just wanted to say I had a similar problem. It has been diagnosed as a faulty heater matrix which restricted water flow resulting in a sucking sort of sound. The car is still at the dealer but I'm confident it will be fixed.

Update. A Renault dealer has had my car for a month. They have replaced the heater matrix, replaced the pipe work to the matrix and it still makes a gurgling sound. They have drained and re-filled the radiator 6 times to make sure there is no air locks. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.