strange noise

Could be exhaust gases or some sort of pressure from fuel system.

Does it make the same sound with ignition on but engine not running?

If only with engine running, can you get two people to momentarily block the rear exhaust pipes, say with a foot to see if it gets louder/more hissing?

fuel pump or the evap system purging petrol fumes back in to the engine

the evap system will do it on start up - vents petrol tank fumes back to the engine

fuel pump or the evap system purging petrol fumes back in to the engine

the evap system will do it on start up - vents petrol tank fumes back to the engine

cheers mate :thumbup: really didnt want to take it to renault in germany as last time the police were called so you have saved me alot of hassle

its a very long story, i posted it up a while ago. Basically i had a new engine fitted under warrenty in england, Drove back to germany and the coolant level kept dropping so took it to renault in germany (thinking a coolant hose had'nt been connected properly). returned the next day and was greeted with a 280 ish euro bill i explained the cars still under warrenty to the guy and he told me that a mouse had bitten though the cooland hose, i asked to see the coolant hose, he showed me it and it was just a stright split (no nibble marks). so i disbuted his claims and asked of evidence, he claimed he found a mouses tooth in the hose, when i asked were the tooth was he did'nt really have an explanaition for were it was, so i refused to pay for work so he refused to give me the keys to my car, this went on for about 40 mins until he said he was goin to ring the police if i didnt pay to which i told him to crack on, the police turned up and told me i had to pay, i told them i did'nt as i had'nt been notifed about the work and also that his story was very suspicious, in the end the police said either you pay now and get my lawyers to sort it out or get my lawyers to sort it out and not pay but i would'nt have my car i chose to pay and gave RUK a call and after i explained what had happened they refunded me my money.