strange engine noise (video included

hi there been out for a few times now and seem to be getting a weird noise , any ideas what it could be ?
[video=youtube;oJBQxdmUYyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJBQxdmUYyA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Doesnt seem like its related to rpm. im assuming the video was at idle ans the aircon was off. in that case it sounds bearing-like to me.
maybe if you can trace it, it could be alternater, waterpump or one of the tensioners.

was on idle and the aircon was off .its with renault atm due to a new aircon compressor and aux belt . just seems strange as it don't make the noise all the time

showed renault mechanic and service bloke the video an they said they would investigate , seeing as the car was booked in for a new gearbox,aircon compressor ,aux belt , and clutch . they have got back to me and said they couldn't get the car to make that noise again while its been in there workshop . not sure what to do now tbh

Sounds very similar to my old 172.. Couldn't find a fault then battery light kept popping up.

Then one rainy day on the motorway looked down noticed my lights had turned of then my speedo shut down.looked up in a panic and my wipers had stopped, so had to roll to a stop on the hard shoulder..electrics had failed.

Turned out to be the alternator!

:worried: