Strange Dash lights??

Just been driving home from work, normal 30 mph driving and where the mileage is displayed strange things started appearing,

@ % - _ were all flashing up replacing numbers in my milage and the blank space.

Anyone had this happen and ideas why? Tried a search but wouldn't work on phone.

I've had the whole display flickering whilst on tickover once.

Still doing it as i reved up so made me think it was not the alternator/charge related, more like an earth problem but gone now.

Yeah mine has flickered before but this actually changed the milage. Went from 46000 to 4%600 to 46@00 and so on.

Might just be one of those things never to appear again.

Yeah mine has flickered before but this actually changed the milage. Went from 46000 to 4%600 to 46@00 and so on.

Might just be one of those things never to appear again.

A lot of people say funny things about the 197s and no others have had the same problem.like you say it will probably never happen again

dash lights flickering is a "common" issue

as for the fault described...not heard that one before :scared:

Done it again today. Was on average fuel consumption screen which isn't my favourite screen at the best of time. Booking it in at the garage tomorrow, got an extended warranty when bought the car so let's hope they find and fix something.

You already booked the car in then?

Was just going to say to save your self some trouble you could try disconnection the battery for 10min because its basically a computer that runs the system. But I have seen LCD displays go like this when they are starting to die (not on a car though) so could be that.