straight line race...

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the way to work last night i found myself on and off throttling it with an astra VXR (58 plate),we came upon a cop car so things went quiet,but then the boys in blue peeled off and all hell let loose,to my ultimate surprise over a mile,"known as the mad mile in our area" i won and won well,i honestly only tried it on with the darkside just to see how far away the little clio was and i was shocked,hands where shaking,palms where sweating but over a mile my car gained around 70m on the astra,personally i think thats a really good effort,he also sh@t out with the braking at touching 140,yeee haaa! so a message to all astra gimps,bring it on,(standard astras that is):blowup::blowup::blowup:

i must add as there is some arguementative people that i started a fair way back and ended just in front...

Last edited:
haha good on you mate! I've only ever (very) briefly touched 100mph in mine, never tried to go faster to be honest. Just how fast will the little clio actually go by the way?

About the VXRs, flame me by all means but Vauxhall havent made a good car since the Calibra in my view, these new ones just don't seem to have the same excitement the old ones had...actually the Monaro and VXR8 i stand corrected...ok not made a "normal" car then :smiley:

haha good on you mate! I've only ever (very) briefly touched 100mph in mine, never tried to go faster to be honest. Just how fast will the little clio actually go by the way?

About the VXRs, flame me by all means but Vauxhall havent made a good car since the Calibra in my view, these new ones just don't seem to have the same excitement the old ones had...actually the Monaro and VXR8 i stand corrected...ok not made a "normal" car then :smiley:

its a big topic mate but for all they are all fast they seem to have no character, or style for me

He can't have been trying? Or can't drive?

140mph on the street is never gunna end well, I'm 21 and even I think that's Daft! No offence

He can't have been trying? Or can't drive?

140mph on the street is never gunna end well, I'm 21 and even I think that's Daft! No offence

there's alway one! no one mentioned doing 140 on a street and when a car is pitching and jerking on every gear change plus the added effect of the black turbo chuff you know he's giving it the beans,i'm more than happy anyway,cheeky cold air ram feeds ftw for me!!!!!!

Nice one Scott, I've heard of a few people with cammed Clios upsetting the Astra VXR's

cheers angel,yeah like i said,with another 40bhp i thought he'd slowly drive away but he didn't,made my night shift go fast and i think i told my gaffer the whole story 5 times at least,ha

A 40bhp in a impreza wrx sure is a different story in my opinion. Was ONLY an astra :smile:

Not a Astra VXR but I had a nice play with a Corsa VXR (Must have been standard) and the little clio pulled away with ease. Was pleasently suprised.

Having a play with people (safely) is what these cars are all about. Even better when you get two thumbs up after the little session.

there's alway one! no one mentioned doing 140 on a street and when a car is pitching and jerking on every gear change plus the added effect of the black turbo chuff you know he's giving it the beans,i'm more than happy anyway,cheeky cold air ram feeds ftw for me!!!!!!

If you wanna race on the street then do it. It ain't cool at the end of the day, save it for safe places.

I may have been wrong and if I am I apologise but you did refer to a stretch of road known as something mile, on your way to work so guessed it wasn't a private airstrip to race on. And also the reference to he s41t out of braking at touching 140... So if you won... U was going 140?

Like I said if I've got wrong end of the stick I'm sorry

But street racing ain't cool! Not up to those speeds! Save it for private roads.

i thinks its best to end it there as previous threads similar to this have been deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.