Storm Grey 200

Some of you may have seen my Clio on other forums, but this forum seems like a good place so i'll start an updated thread here.

In all my threads theres always a few with the whole 'why didnt you get speedlines' etc, so i'll explain the situation;

I had wanted speedlines etc, but that mean't ordering one to be built and having to wait 12-20 weeks.

This Clio had just come into stock, with 95% what i wanted (cup chassis, bluetooth, Storm Grey), so i figured i might as well go for this one, end of the day wheels can be changed any time. It was delivered within 2 weeks.

In the few months i've had it now, its taken me around most of the south coast, through Wales and in September will be taking me a few thousand miles through France, Spain and Italy, all time which i would have been waiting on the list, I'm pretty lucky this car came up when it did!

These days i couldn't care less about the wheel colour, the RS200 is so much fun its hard to care what it looks like at all..

Spec
Full Fat RS200
Cup Chassis
Bluetooth

Someone specced it with standard alloys instead of the anthracite cup wheels it should have had with the cup chassis, why? i have no idea..

Anyway, here's a few photos:

cliolyndhurst.jpg

p1000542large.jpg

p1000590large.jpg

cliophotoshop2.jpg

p1010420large.jpg

cliophotoshop1.jpg

Last edited:
Prehaps the people telling you what you should have on your car would like to give you the money to buy them too?? Ignore them.

Macclesfield have the same colour/wheel combo as a demo and I think it looks amazing! So much so I considered changing the order.

...I have the black speed-lines on mine and it looks great....but if they'd offered the cup wheels in black I would prefer those as I think the wheel looks better that the speedlines in terms of shape etc.....but they look just as good in anthrecite against the grey! Nice one.....

...just realised....your reg says LL10......which if said in Welsh sounds like CLIO.....infact, if you read it all out with a Welsh accent LLIOEOH....sounds even more like Clio......Hughsie, any comment (pic 5 looks like Snowdonia?)

Last edited:
Prehaps the people telling you what you should have on your car would like to give you the money to buy them too?? Ignore them.

Macclesfield have the same colour/wheel combo as a demo and I think it looks amazing! So much so I considered changing the order.

It's merely a disclaimer for those of that nature, if i was ever worried what people thought i wouldn't have got Storm Grey, a primer-coloured car is hardly flash.

Personally i would have preferred speedlines, regardless of what others thought, however now i've grown so attached to the car changing it in any way is going to be a step.. ha.

Thanks for your comments guys.

...just realised....your reg says LL10......which if said in Welsh sounds like CLIO.....infact, if you read it all out with a Welsh accent LLIOEOH....sounds even more like Clio......Hughsie, any comment (pic 5 looks like Snowdonia?)

It is annoying close isnt it! I will get a 'CL10' plate when i have enough surplus cash to justify it, a little cheesy but its a nice touch.

And the 5th picture is at the summit of the Great Orme, Llanduno. Well spotted.

It is annoying close isnt it! I will get a 'CL10' plate when i have enough surplus cash to justify it, a little cheesy but its a nice touch.

And the 5th picture is at the summit of the Great Orme, Llanduno. Well spotted.

Was brought up in North Wales....know the scenery and roads well (used to do the Evo Triangle long before it became famous)....Great Orme is a good little run! There was a time when they closed it for stages of the RAC Rally....not sure if they still do Rallies on there now....

i think you shoulda gone for the black speedlines.... :-P

na I'm just kidding mate! that car looks sexual

love it :001_tt1: