Starting?

Hey has any one experianced there 197 cutting out while driving then not starting? Happened to mine today, was fine last nite then driving to work today it just turned off and wudnt start? Help plzzzz

Stu

check to see if you can hear the fuel pump prime when you try and start it

listen at the rear wheelarch for a short "buzzing" sound...

thats defo the tdc sensor take it out and give it a clean up its easy to get to aswell happend to mine it would cut out and then when i tried to start it the engine would crank over but wouldnt fire up.

Down the right side of the engine, above the gearbox. You will see a gap in the bell housing, the sensor is bolted in place with the sensor pointing into this gap

I dont think so, its normally right on the side of the engine on the bellhousing

Do a google search for "renault tdc sensor" it will give you an idea what to look for

I sen a few ranging from old clio 1.2/ph1 1.2 abd my old 172 they all the same. So thought they were still using them

Def not a 197. Finally found it and it's a right Lil bugger to get to. It's all plastic without the metal strips. The bracket holding it on was snapped and the sensor wasnt sitting correctly. Managed to bodge it and it fired up straight away but getting new one Monday :-D