standard head unit colours ??

when i bought my 197 it had an all singing and dancing pioneer headunit, i hate all that nonsense so ive replaced it with the standard headunit with iphone connectivity
however i have silver centre console and dash pieces but the stereo is grey and it really bugs me
2884EFAC-7626-456F-B2E3-E88F5E937BDC-138-0000003452A39684_zpsc5e0f2a9.gif

were they available with silver fronts to match or can the fascia be removed to paint it?
anyone done such a thing?
cheers
dan

Last edited:
i dont want a fancier unit really , thats what i had, i just want to get the front of mine colour coded ideally
will give spray shack a pm
cheers

I agree that it's not a good look,but I'd be more bothered with having that parrot display and iPod lead on show,that would bother me far more.

I agree that it's not a good look,but I'd be more bothered with having that parrot display and iPod lead on show,that would bother me far more.

i want them to be removable and leave no trace, im constantly repairing and replacing dashboards and centre consoles at work where short sighted i.c.e installation w*nkers have drilled holes and cut glove box liners etc to do 'professional installs' that become outdated in a year and need replacing

I have a similar, all be it much neater, install as the original post (iPod/USB/3mm jack lead is in the glove box) .

IMAG0061.jpg

Thankfully I can remove the Parrot screen in seconds. All the radios are matt black plastic, it's just something that you'll have to live with. I'd probably be easier to get the centre console painted to match the radio than to paint the radio itself. I'd also say either the centre console and dash strips or just the dash strips have been painted as the RenaultSport logo should be on the other end of the strip (or it was in my car anyway).

Last edited:
thats interesting , ive never seen one before benja bien

paddy my ipod lead is in glove box also, it was just hanging out of the glovebox in the pic as i was messing with it before i took the photoyour console looks ok black so i might paint it to match the radio, but after looking at the stereo it looks like the front will come off quite easily so ill probably persevere with that

as far as im aware nothing has been painted in mine , i put the sticker there when i bought the car

Last edited:
Wasn't having a go pal,just personally I'd rather aftermarket than have extra bits on show.

good job we are all different or everyone's car would be the same.

Wasn't having a go pal,just personally I'd rather aftermarket than have extra bits on show.

good job we are all different or everyone's car would be the same.

no worries mate,im not easily offended, i had the ipod lead fitted so that sits in the glovebox away from prying eyes and the parrot was already fitted when i bought it,i was relieved to see it was only velcroed in place, although i personally would nt have put it there myself
id love a more elegant integrated solution but as i said i dont want to butcher anything to do so

i really need a connects2 iphone 5 lead as the apple 30 pin adaptor doesnt support charging which is a p.i.t.a!

your console looks ok black so i might paint it to match the radio, but after looking at the stereo it looks like the front will come off quite easily so ill probably persevere

Mine hasn't been painted, it's a dark anthracite grey from the factory. My dash strips are wrapped in alcantara which is why they look lighter.

Its not the best picture but the alcantara strips look very good. A few have done the instrument binicle and clock binicle which looks top notch!