Stainless exhaust and steering wheel

Rockshow

Gold Member
Morning all.

Couple of quick questions if I may?

I've been keeping an eye on eBay on the stainless exhaust system which I managed to win last night and I just wanted to query ( typically only thought about it after on the auction!!) whether as it's a decat system I'm likely to run into any problems with exceeding noise limits on track day? Has anyone else put a decat system on their 197's (mines an R27 but assume there is no difference?) or any other system for that matter and run into problems with noise limits, particularly at Bedford which only has a noise limit of 101db?

Also was thinking of replacing the standard steering wheel with the Sparco or OMP steering whee with quick release for added security and just wanted to know if anyone else has done this and also what they have done with the electrical connectors that feed the steering wheel (other than the horn)? Can they just be left bound and taped up behind the dash? I guess by doing that though it kind of renders the cruise control obsolete?

Thanks.

Decats won't give a noise issue on tracks. Oulton is 95db static iirc and a cup race car thing with a decat had no issue.

its the mots which will be a problem.

some people have made brackets to mount the cc buttons to on aftermarket wheels, although I doubt this would work for a removable one... Unless you could make a connector which can be quickly released?

Thanks for your reply @knuckles . So with only a cone air filter and soon to be manifold back decat exhaust do you think this'll be ok volume wise on track?

Thanks