Sprint Booster review

Hi everyone
Had a generation 2 sprint booster installed today and want to share my views:

(note car has pipercross high flow air filter, Manifold is heat shielded and recent ecu remap plus always use V-Power- 193.06BHP)

This is the 3rd Sprint Booster i have owned, previously had the 1st generation models on a Saxo Vts, then on a Clio 172 Cup and now got the 2nd gen version on my 197.

The main difference is the booster now has a switch that you can stick on the dash (or wherever you want) that allows you to go from factory setting, to medium and then to high. The medium setting seemed to give an increase in the revs similar to what was achieved on the other 2 cars mentioned and then there is the high (race) setting :hug1:

LOVE IT! I literally tapped the accelerator pedal and revs spiked to around 2600 and car felt a LOT more eager to go. Especially as the car is ****E below 4k revs. I was in 4th coming home from the garage and actually thought i was in 2nd it was picking up so well. My brother has bought a new Megane 250 and it seems as eager to move as that and only down side is that im going to be investing in lots of tyres haha

Lot of haters on internet with regard to this product but they can't have used it properly or the unit must be faulty as its a great (albiet expensive) product but you get what you pay for

I have an original one, no switch just always set at increased throttle response.

Although it does increase mid range throttle response, i noticed it sometimes makes the car jittery and kangaroo prone when trying to pull away from a stand still.

For this reason i took mine off, may give it another go though.

Not noticed that on mine. When i first has one installed (on a saxo) it took a while to get used to the difference in throttle response but have had one on every car since and better as i expect it now. Only Kangaroo effect i get is the usual when car is warming up. Pain in the arse but can live with it (Just)

I had 1st gen on my BM and loved it. Many haters on web about it but suited my driving style. Like the fact that for very little effort, the car took off quickly. Yes, the same efffect could happen by putting your foot down harder but its not the same in reality. They only problem is in traffic, it made the car all or nothing, which the throttle response on Renault can be that anyway. The added value with 2nd gen is its adjustability. Thank you, next mod on list.....

didnt they have to cut the pedals bracket to fit it mate.

I did have to remove the throttle bracket and grind down a few mil of material before the unit would fit between the pedal unit and plug, but it was quite straight forward.

I recently moved house and left all my tools so could not cut/bend the pedal bracket and had to take it to a garage but was only 10 minute of a job - £5. Result. Weather dependent, i will be giving the car a good clean and wax today and will put on some pics of Coco. The 2nd gen is much better than the original model as mentioned, if in traffic or on a 'crappy' road, simply press the mode switch and revert doen to factory setting or mid boost. Great product

Pic of unit and the booster switch

Top pic shows the unit between the pedal and the original throttle connector. 2nd pic shows the booster switch mounted on dash

Last edited:
Just says 'sprint booster' on it and the clear circle is the actual switch/button that lights up when pushed in:

Clear - factory setting, push once
Green - Mid Boost, push again
Red - High Boost

interesting stuff! I'd love to try one of these but can't see them making a huge difference.

I find the 197 throttle response from idle to be appalling but it's pretty much prefect on the the move.

This is a Marmite product,plain and simple. people love it, people hate it although being realistic, i doubt if more than 1-2% of people have ever used 1 on their car. I love the unit and car is much more driveable, that's my opinion and il stick with it.
I find the throttle response ok-ish standard but no harm in getting to that 4k sweetspot sooner :smile:

This is a Marmite product,plain and simple. people love it, people hate it although being realistic, i doubt if more than 1-2% of people have ever used 1 on their car. I love the unit and car is much more driveable, that's my opinion and il stick with it.
I find the throttle response ok-ish standard but no harm in getting to that 4k sweetspot sooner :smile:

Where did you get yours from? Cant find Gen 2 for clio.
I had one on my BM and only problem is at times especially in traffic was too much- either full on or off. Great for when you really want to go but crap in rush hour. Now its adjustable should be perfect. I spent 10000's on moddin BM and must say this is right up there with one of the best mods I spent money on. Its strange cause the car does feel like its got more power although its not, its all about the throttle response.

Last edited:
rtecshop.com, be best ringing or emailing them as they didn't have it in stock but they have a distributor in germany and will get it sent over to their shop and special delivery it to you for no extra cost, mine took 10 days total (and that was with snow delays).
Iv just been out and after a few miles i switched it back to factory setting and the difference is VERY noticeable (especially from the race high boost setting), like a different car

well i find the "standard" throttle sensitive and responsive......:innocent:

I've just looked on the website for these....(http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/)

+ from what I can gather..... they make it so you don't have to press the throttle down as much.

From the website:

"Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. "

The best bit:

"It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster."

I think i'll put this one with the Ecotek valve, electric supercharger etc :s

yea there are haters but these people are just the ignorant ones that try to use it one cars that dont need it.

They only work well on cars that have low throttle response or low torque. Put them on hight response torquey engines such as an r32 or an new ish 2l turbo car and they become almost un drivable around town. however since theyve made them switchable this issue is solved.

Reactions: papa