Sprint booster mod

Stephenvenning

Gold Member
I am going to get a sprint booster this month possibly as ive heard good reviews. i however don't like the non oem look of just mounting the button with double sided sticky tape. I noticed however there is a blank on the left of the steering wheel for another switch. i was thinking of buying an esp switch and wiring it into the sprintbooster using the led as a back light so you know what mode its in. Wondered if anyone else has tried this?

@Stephenvenning I can get you a SB if you want fella, usually cheaper than other retailers. £160 delivered

Okay cheers, I'll pm when I got the funds, it won't be until the end of the month as some idiot side swiped my car the other day so body shop bills come first.

Well ive got an esp button and Ive figured out which pins are for the switch. Sprint booster arrives early next week so then it just a case of some simple soldering and re-positioning of the LED's and it should be finished. Ill get a how to thread up after as i'd imagine a lot of people will want to know how to do this simple mod.

I'm unclear how you are doing this. The sprint booster isn't a 3 way switch it uses a system of repetitive pushes on the micro switch to go from off-stage1-stage2-off. The LED forms the push button operation of the switch

You will also need to retain the red/green/off LED status indicator somewhere.

Have you taken a sprint booster switch apart to examine the operation of it.

Last edited:
yeah thats what i was thinking. Basically in the sprint booster controller there is a switch with a hold up resistor. All im doing is removing this switch and wiring the esp's switch into it instead. Ill then remove the LED's and glue them into the esp button housing and then ill run wires to these LED's from the sprint booster controller. Its fairly simple when you know how. i believe a guy did it on a BMW and works fine.

I managed to snap my switch of the cable! Trying to source another one. I thought about doing something interesting like the OP, but ended up mounting it hidden behind the dash and under the steering wheel. Be aware that the LED can be annoying, so I opted to hide it- still easily accessible though.

I had the same idea as you mate, the size of the SB switch is just right to fit to that slot. This is the installation I did about a year ago

IMG_3589_zps5aca7865.jpg

IMG_3601_zpsfc0a5dda.jpg

And this is how it looks for afar.

9240952313_75142e7c66_b.jpg

I want to believe it looks quite OEM:smile:

That's lookiby fantastic! I'd I ever decide to get a sprint booster I'd never be able to make the job look as good as that!