Spring under gear gator replacement

rsevo

Gold Member
hi after pulling off old gear knob, Spring went missing and I can't find it........ Does anyone have one have spare???

Noooooooooooooooo !

Is this the AKRA one I think I saw you buy ? Looked swell.

What a pain in the proverbial.

I'll try and be more helpful should be the same as any six speed Renault or maybe six speed van a trip to the salvage yard needed.

Or better still just order the correct part from Renault :smile:

While another 6 speed part might fit as mentioned - you'll be even more time down if it doesn't and presumably will then have to order a new one anyway.

Hard to believe you can't find the original one in your car. It's not exactly tiny is it !

Good luck.

D21C311E-13CB-4345-9B16-410DFEE09CF0_zpsv4cuf8rj.jpg Happy with it just ordered new Spring

After reading horror stories of how difficult the original ones were to get off - I was surprised I'd didn't have to pull ridiculously hard.

Just hope the new one has been banged on hard enough to hold....

Let me know if you manage to get the new one off without leaving the white collar behind still attached to the stick.

Same thing happened to me, but as the collar was left behind on the stick from the new knob - the spring won't fit over it!!
I could cut it off and buy a new gear knob, but at around £90ish they ain't cheap and mine was one of the original ones with the RenaultSport words which you can't get any more :worried:

Reactions: rsevo
I had it off twice but I won't try till I get Spring tomorrow morning rich, hopefully it won't get stuck lol

Ah you lucked in then :smile: I was thinking about this though, I could put something like tiger seal in the gear knob and put it back over the collar/stick - leave it a day and then next time hopefully the collar should come off inside the gear knob!

All assuming I know where I put the spring of course, have you got the part number?

Similar Thread Suggestions