Spring Choice?

I am getting a slight knocking from the drivers side, sounds like it's the shock top mount, so will be replacing both sides, but as I will have it apart I'm going to replace all 4 shocks with new standard (cup pack) items, which leaves me with a decision of what springs to go for? Eibach, H&R or Cook Sport. I do a lot of miles 500+ per week so don't want to compromise comfort too much, what's your views/experiences?

I'd be going Eibach in your situation. Probably in can't situation to be honest. Never had a bad experience using them in the past.

go for Eibach..have them on my non cup 197 and they are perfect..u wont regret it..the cup suspension is lower already so they will do perfect...

Had Eibach's before the KW and they were great on my non cup 197.

However, a friend of mine had R27 and bought Eibach springs and had them changed for KW V3 ASAP. They were too stiff in the combination with Cup suspension.

Would go with eibach or save for KW v1's or better.

I have the H&R, they give a good 40mm/30mm drop which make the car sit really well. Looks nice, However combined with the cup suspension they seem too stiff. Along an average fast British road the car bounces around like crazy makes the car hard to control.

I've got h&r s on mine, I drive about 40 miles commuting a day on a and b roads and I am happy, but I'm 21, my parents aren't so keen. Personal preference. I like the h&r's

Fine as in firmness, not fine as in highness
The drop isn't really that great. In fact as far as car height goes, it's the first car iv'e had in ages, where you can actually get a trolley jack under, without driving up onto blocks of wood.

Similar Thread Suggestions