Spongie/long travel brake pedal.

Hi all just a little advice on your brakes. Have had two 197's in this week with real bad braking efficiency/Spongie pedal. If you start to develop these kind of problems chances are your front pads have become seized.

The brembo's really do need to be looked after to avoid having to shell out on new pads/discs and pin kits

If you can I would suggest stripping down your brakes every service and making sure they are free and clean :smile:

I had this problem. After asking around the forum I was told to check my front brakes.....sure enough when I stripped them down the front pads were knackered and everything had seized.

I got everything cleaned up and the braking was improved 100%. From now on I will definately be keeping my eye on them.

rear brakes 197

Had same thing on rear brakes today...sorted at PHILIP PAUL...OSWESTRY
grinding.took apart and greased o/k now
think i better check the fronts again...:thumbup:

Hi all just a little advice on your brakes. Have had two 197's in this week with real bad braking efficiency/Spongie pedal. If you start to develop these kind of problems chances are your front pads have become seized.

The brembo's really do need to be looked after to avoid having to shell out on new pads/discs and pin kits

If you can I would suggest stripping down your brakes every service and making sure they are free and clean :smile:

thanks for that - but if you do a search you will see there has been loads of posts about front pad seizing in the calipers :thumbup: