Speed Cameras

Hi just read this on pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22312

so if so many of these cameras are being dropped does that mean that they are looking in to other means of speed control eg Average speed cameras that track you on every street?

Is a good move hope this spreads through out the country but hope this doesnt mean that more mobile speed cameras as they are most worse.

oh thats the best news ive heard all year, come to think of it i remember it on the news a few weeks back that they could not afford to maintain them woop woop

Just in time to be too late for me i think.. lol

Im waiting on two tickets coming through. Story behind it is about not knowing the speed limits in new parts of the country to me!

the goverment have taken away the central funding for all speed cameras, the broughs and local councils have said that they arent running the cameras out of their own back pocket so are starting to take them down, first off its oxford, hopefully more will follow

There are three or four I know of that have been set alight! And they haven't been repaired! One of the burnt ones could never catch anyone if it was repaired anyway, a bush has grown so much infront of it, it virtually covers the whole thing! So I think this is proof that they aren't so bothered about them anymore. If you think about it though, once you know thee location of a camera, you always know when to slow down for it. The mobile ones are the best way of them making more money out of the innocent motorist.

I think they should be targetting the tax and insurance ovaiders IMO.

arran said:
I think they should be targetting the tax and insurance ovaiders IMO.
i agree arran dont see why we should keep payin high insurance premiums
for these scum bags who pay sod all

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good news but it does make me laugh that they bang on about them being there for safety and then as soon as they have to fund them they remove them

I really hate average cameras, I find that I spend so much time checking my speedo it's probably a lot more dangerous than me driving through a 50mph zone at 55mph.

Really hope they don't introduce these everywhere

you know your car has a speed limiter right ? :-p and I for one would favour average speed cameras instead of these feckin huge speed bumps they have everywhere! R27s do not like going over 10mph on the bumps round here as they are fooking huge! you have to wonder if they attach actual cameras as well though more spying on the brits etc :tongueout:

hmmmmmmmmmmm dont count on all the speed cameras going though its only the smaller councils that cant afford it. greater manchester are putting more in lol