Spark plugs?

Hey guys over the past week my car has felt really heavy it doesnt seem to be pulling away as fast and at high revs it seems to shudder could it be the sparks plugs? There platinum tip plugs and should last 60k my cars done 40k any ideas?
Thanks

Sorry i missed abit out in my original post lol this is the second set im on i had them changed at 32k

Sorry i missed abit out in my original post lol this is the second set im on i had them changed at 32k

in "theory" if its got a mis-fire due to faulty plugs it should be putting the ecu/engine warning light on - thats one of the main points of obd2 systems to monitor emission failures

Well every now and then the engine light comes on along with check abs and check esp but it goes away if the engine is restarted? I usually check my filter once a month but ill have another look bud thanks

Well every now and then the engine light comes on along with check abs and check esp but it goes away if the engine is restarted? I usually check my filter once a month but ill have another look bud thanks

it could then be storing fault codes - need an obd2 reader on it and have a look

:foxspeed:

I know i might sound a bit noobish here but does it cost you to get a diagnostic done out of warranty?

If it feels slugish then theres really 3 things to look at, ignition, fueling and intake

Ignition, probably most likely get miss-fires if there's a problem here
Fueling, probably get some hesitation under full load/at high rpm
Intake, probably see less power at high load/rpm

The other posibility is a blockage in the exhaust, possibly damaged CAT but I've only heard of this very very rarely

Cost of diagnosis is normally £30-£50 or if you know someone with a reader or scangauge they could help you out

Similar Thread Suggestions