Spacers+Track day

Pav

hope i got the section right...just a quick question..do you guys take ur spacers off or leave them on when going for a track day??
thanks

20mm..a few guys said to take them off..just wanted a few opinions from someone who is more experienced..thanks

thanks..i would anyway..its just funny how all those brands state that the spacers actually give a better handling

Last edited:
thanks..i would anyway..its just funny how all those brands state that the spacers actually give a better handling

Yeah, marketing speil. Load of rubbish. Moving the centreline of the wheel out will increase the scrub angle and cause excess torque steer and under steer. The scrub angle is the angle cast if you draw a line between the top and bottom suspension mounting points, and the centreline of the wheel. The lower the angle the flatter the surface of the wheel will stay during cornering.

I should add that I fitted spacers to my Mk2 Focus RS and immidietly felt the disadvantage of doing so. Fitting them basically undid all the work of the revoknuckle front hub ford had spent so long developing. I soon removed them.

good reading here..thanks for that..we all know that what they say is not entirely true..renault guys are not daft,are they?for a normal urban driving,I guess its fine to give ur car a bit more aggressive stance but when on the track,take them off..looks like u are quite knowledgeable :thumbup1:

If a car was meant to have wheels sticking out a further 40mm it would of been built into the car, with longer wishbones, different wheel offsets etc. I don't know why people mess with the geometry as the cars look pants from the back and the front with spacers on.