Spacers but standard cup chassis pics 197/200

Has anyone got any pics of 197/200's that have had 16, 20 or 25mm spacers added but still on the normal cup springs, i.e and not on H&R, Eibach etc. Thanks.

That sits great! Did you notice much of an effect on the handling?

A little, it seems to have slightly lightened the steering and has also made the car follow camber a bit more. On the road its not particularly detrimental, I'll more than likely take them off before track days though.

If I'm honest if you gave the car to someone who hadn't driven it before they're never notice those characteristics, but I'd run the car for about 3 years and a few track days before fitting them.

Robo, do you find you have less control over the direction now? I do, it doesn't quite have that same point and go feeling as it did before. And also do you get the slight oversteer when nailing it into corners?

Like you say, not a major problem on the roads, would have to come off for the track though.

A little bit, although my cars always been a little twitchy at the rear and quite easy to slide in to a corner trail braking. I wouldn't say its made it any less controlled on direction change, my steering is just a little lighter than before so maybe it just feels that way?

I know I went out on a big run with a few members recently to scarborough through some pretty epic roads at some 'interesting' speeds and they never held me back or stopped me having any fun.

IMO, anyone that says they don't change the handling is kidding themselves. But I like the way it looks now and it doesn't ruin the car. Besides which my car spends 99% of its time being driven slowly anyway (either by the Mrs, or me with the Mrs in the car :smiley:).

fitting spacers throws all the front steering geometry out...thats why its better fitting wider wheels with the correct off set but each to their own :innocent:

fitting spacers throws all the front steering geometry out...thats why its better fitting wider wheels with the correct off set but each to their own :innocent:

Probably, but the cost of spacers = £150, cost of larger offset/wider wheels = £1000. + the fact I like the standard wheels.

(8J cup racers don't count, they don't space the wheel as much as a 20mm spacer :tongueout: )