Spacers and dirt

I have just bought some 20 mm spacers for all front and rear tyres and it struck me, after buying them, that if they make the tyres stick out then surely the dirt will get flicked up onto the bodywork more than it already does.

So @ anybody who has used spacers, do the side pannels get dirtier quicker? Thanks.

The rear quarters on my old 197 took a beating due to spacers (25mm) thats why I sold them.

Look at some spats like Jase's to keep the stones away.

yeah mate ive got 8mm front and back and the fronts make the body so dirty but its a price to pay to make it look awesome lol

Just what I thought! lol

Do you know where I can get spats from, I've looked on google but so far no success?

Thanks for the help

as jase said u could custom make some cant see the point really though its only dirt lol only plus side is it stops the skirts getting chipped to death.

Ok, I might use them for a little while without spats but I am actually worried about the side skirts getting chipped to death, I hate any dirt or even dust on the car, so chipping it is out of the question, so I am going to have to get some custom made.

The trouble is I would not know where to start, I am a builder by trade, and my car mechanic skills are in fact non existant so I would need to ask someone to custom make them for me.

How much would this cost and would anyone *looks at jase* be willing to do this for a fee? please pm me if interested with the costs etc.

It's getting the carbon in the right thickness that's the problem.

Someone posted a link to some available on the net.

I've used 2 different thinknesses, one was off cuts from somewhere like streamline carbon
Which is the ideal thickness.
The other was from eBay, it's the flat carbon sheet but is slightly too thick as it doent bend to the shape of the arch as good.