Sound Investment

Can't underestimate the difference some sound deadening makes, especially around the door speakers to improve the mid/bass. The £10 speaker kit from Dynamat would give an improvement or you can buy a little more and do a few other areas too. So many people overlook sound deadening but it is that next level up in terms of sound quality and getting the best from your equipment.

The best set up in terms of sound quality would be a decent set of components up front running off a good 2ch amp, keep the cabling as short as possible to reduce interference and avoid runing power wire near speaker wire. Add a good punchy sub in the boot and that's all you need. Ideally mid/highs shouldn't be coming from behind your head, which is why I'm never a huge fan of 6 x 9s or anything like that. Though upgrading the rear coax speakers to match what components you go for up front would keep the tonal balance.

I've just upgraded it all for overall sound improvement and it's really not an expensive upgrade tbf. I have 6x9's but in all fairness they're a bit pointless but mine were free for me so silly not to use them. I just have to find a way to wire into the front speakers from the amp without having speaker wires near the door hinge like a saxo.

I know old man [MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION] :wink:

I've just upgraded it all for overall sound improvement and it's really not an expensive upgrade tbf. I have 6x9's but in all fairness they're a bit pointless but mine were free for me so silly not to use them. I just have to find a way to wire into the front speakers from the amp without having speaker wires near the door hinge like a saxo.

I know old man [MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION] :wink:
Are your 6x9's in your parcel shelf?
I have some but not sure were to use them and don't really want to cut anything