Some DSLR Whorage...

I bought a DSLR camera on Thursday, finally. Ive wanted/been looking for about a year now. Let the whoring begin.

Comments, advice, criticism all welcome. Im obviously new to the photography world (and to editing the photos) so any advice on getting better results would be great.

At the moment, I am using Aperture 3 and Lightroom 3.3 to edit my images.

5496281053_14de3decf2_z.jpg
IMG_0008 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5496873738_37640d07d2_z.jpg
IMG_0010 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5496873970_e09e3c26b5_z.jpg
IMG_0014 by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5499670980_a2db4cbcfd_z.jpg
MOAR WHORING by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5499673270_efdb5a5d59_z.jpg

5499673838_a080c76864_z.jpg

Thanks. Let me know what you think. Im quite impressed with my noobish pics :wink:

Going down to an underground car park tonight to take a few pics of the whole car, rather than just the close ups as above.

Last edited:
Looks great Paul. What camera did you buy? Shame as i just put up my DSLR kit for sale for a very much cheaper bargain than new.

Went for the Canon 500D kit from Jessops, with aload of goodies. Im loving it at the moment.
Ive also got a Tripod on the way, so ill be doing some night shots when that arrives.

Went for the Canon 500D kit from Jessops, with aload of goodies. Im loving it at the moment.
Ive also got a Tripod on the way, so ill be doing some night shots when that arrives.

Doh. Thats a shame. Mine that im selling is a 500D. Check my for sale thread.

Just caught these on flickr, Proper love the last one!

good collision of like raw awesomeness of the cage softened by the bokeh! I expect il fave it soon :wink:

Nice pics. My DSLR is coming next week and I'm looking forward to egtting some good pics of my car at last.

Thanks for the comments guys. I love the beading pic of the bonnet close up.

Went to an underground car park last night, pics didn't go as to plan. I definitely need my Tripod to hurry up and get delivered as alot of photos came out slightly blurred :worried:
Took a good few of my girlfriends animals though! Here's one I did of the rabbit and tried out light streaks. (I know it's not car related, but I want to whore my photos, lol)

Just caught these on flickr, Proper love the last one!

good collision of like raw awesomeness of the cage softened by the bokeh! I expect il fave it soon :wink:

Hai :kiss: The Cage pic is growing on me. Not bad for a noob.

Last edited:
Very good shots!

Not come across that 'Aperture 3' program before - is it any good?

Very good shots!

Yeah, it seems ok for basics. Ive just got hold of Photoshop CS5, so ive been using Lightroom and PS more tbh. Just using Aperture to import the photos from my camera.

Very good shots!

Do you have a Mac? Great piece of software if you do. I have it on my Macbook. Use it to manage all my pics. Great for workflows.

Ah right, no I don't have a Mac but already have CS5 so I don't think I will bother with it. Thanks for the info though! :smile:

Pics look great mate, i bought a 500D recently too. I'm a complete noob aswell when it comes to photography. Gotta say im jealous as those first few pics are really good. What lens you using?

Pics look great mate, i bought a 500D recently too. I'm a complete noob aswell when it comes to photography. Gotta say im jealous as those first few pics are really good. What lens you using?

Just the standard 18-55mm lens that came with it.

Similar Thread Suggestions