Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

great to see you've done this mod, its on my list of things to do. But I'm also going to fit the short shift lever.
can you provide a pic of hole location in the bulkhead?. I take it you have to remove the exhaust to slide the unit down?.

Reactions: A1axx
great to see you've done this mod, its on my list of things to do. But I'm also going to fit the short shift lever.
can you provide a pic of hole location in the bulkhead?. I take it you have to remove the exhaust to slide the unit down?.

IMG_8179.JPG

Anywhere in that region should be fine! That's in the exhaust tunnel

I'd say the only thing that may change is if the shifter needs to go slightly forward or back depending on reach to the gearbox, should be fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are my efforts to solid mount the subframe. Thanks to @krash67 for the photos of a racer subframe (in black below)

d0a2ed95b89de5f4a38edaef109b9295.jpg08c883b9168f252842946377cd887b9a.jpg05e68b370fbd541839d002e6f2f0565c.jpgdbc516f981019dade277cf651fd81cfd.jpg

What I hope to achieve (with location into the brace using adaptors)

b900d6a0e15013c2ef88ae7a94fda166.jpg

Trying to save money where possible, the racer subframe is around £400, doing it myself is around £20-40

However I do need to consider spherical bearings for the wishbones..

Loving that shifter mod! Would you be able to do it with the exhaust/other things in place?

It's something that really nags me with my car, and like you I can't justify a grand on a CAE.

I would personally recommend the manifold is removed as the heat shield needs to be dropped!! This is just to get the shifter box down
Loving that shifter mod! Would you be able to do it with the exhaust/other things in place?

It's something that really nags me with my car, and like you I can't justify a grand on a CAE.

Just a couple of photos to share on what really goes on when the racer kit is fitted

Not much rollcentre correction

20mm of bump steer correction

For the money and ease of fitting I'd recommend the bump steer kit even with out the EEs!

62f4095422d4aa522b08bcc81764e40e.jpg

bf6ac16bb34634e9b4296333e011ab79.jpg

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

I take it the steering rack spacer shim that you placed on top of the TRE bush is purely to show the distance gained......just checking ! Lol

Reactions: A1axx
I take it the steering rack spacer shim that you placed on top of the TRE bush is purely to show the distance gained......just checking ! Lol

Haha, yes mate. I was curious to be honest as looking at the EE bracket & the tre spacers/rack spacers separately it didn't look like much, but it is actually 20mm each :smile:

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/