Soft/short pedals

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
Sup fellas
Recently my brake pedal became soft and kind of spongy ,ive changed the brake fluid and it didnt change anything.Any ideas?
Second ,my clutch seems to became short ,what cause it and how to fix it?
Have a good day folks

First thing to do is strip and clean your brakes. It doesn't cost anything to do, and it sounds like your pads may have become corrode to the calliper piston.

they are new ;o (barely 2k miles from new)
I think i should drive another 200 and compare the two .
i just drove my friend's megane and its new and the brake pedal was so tight shape and hard to be pushed .
mine is braking from first touch but its more soft and i almost can foot it to the floor for decent braking .
maybe it just supposed to be like this and im used for other type of brake feeling.
Maybe its the mileage maybe its problem maybe its as it supposed to be even as new :x
IDK
is our brake pedal supposed to be soft and use almost all the way to the floor for braking?(and not 30-40% of pressure for maximum braking like some other cars )

Last edited:
The brake pedal should not be going near the floor... In normal driving you don't need much pressure at all on the pedal. I would suggest having it looked at, it doesn't sound right.

they are new ;o (barely 2k miles from new)
I think i should drive another 200 and compare the two .
i just drove my friend's megane and its new and the brake pedal was so tight shape and hard to be pushed .
mine is braking from first touch but its more soft and i almost can foot it to the floor for decent braking .
maybe it just supposed to be like this and im used for other type of brake feeling.
Maybe its the mileage maybe its problem maybe its as it supposed to be even as new :x
IDK
is our brake pedal supposed to be soft and use almost all the way to the floor for braking?(and not 30-40% of pressure for maximum braking like some other cars )

Doesn't matter if the discs and pads are new, if the calipers aren't properly maintained the inner pad can stick to the piston, or the piston itself can become sticky. They might also just need a proper bleeding.

The brake pedal should not be going near the floor... In normal driving you don't need much pressure at all on the pedal. I would suggest having it looked at, it doesn't sound right.
not on normal,i meant on hard driving condition -at normal driving conditions i barely touch it and it stops.
Doesn't matter if the discs and pads are new, if the calipers aren't properly maintained the inner pad can stick to the piston, or the piston itself can become sticky. They might also just need a proper bleeding.
as i said above did a proper bleeding few days ago (and the previous time was only 3months ago-+)the fluid i bleeded last time was black at the filling bottle and from the callipers it was pretty fresh

I think i need to compare with other clio 200 ,because i drive variety of cars and always i get other "feelings".
plus all that idea came up after i drove the megane 265 cup (12k miles on it)and the brake pedal was so sharp and hard -but at all maybe cuz of its different system and its new. since then i feelt like mine is kinda sick

update:changed brake fluid again and bleeded the clutch @Pav
result:
Brake system seems to be ok(tested another 197) just was paranoid i guess(also looks like my pads require heat to perform properly!).
But the clutch still short and feel weak at the start point >,<
Maybe its something else ,can be several things:think: