So here it is - collected my Christmas present to myself tonight

Hi there,

Decided that the Scirocco needed a bit of a rest so have passed it down to the wife who loves it to bits. Think the 50,000 miles I have done in just under two years mean that me and the car have got a long just fine.

Fancied something petrol after 2 years of a low revving diesel, and also wanted something I can do a few track days in. Christmas felt like as good a time as any after what has been one of the best years of my working life so far.

Collected tonight from Evans Halshaw in Chester, a 2007/57 Renault Clio Renaultsport 197 F1 Team (think thats its full name) in Nimbus Grey. Car number 85/500 complete with full Recaro interior and optional spoiler.

Drove back from Chester to Uttoxeter tonight and am really impressed with the car, although 4000 rpm in 6th doing 80mph seems odd as the rev counter carries on to 8000.

Looking forward to my first track day in it, fancy Oulton Park in the next month or two to give it an outing.

Heres some of the dealer pics as it was dark when I got home tonight, will try and get some better ones over the weekend.

mozscreenshot129.png

mozscreenshot131.png

Regards

Tim

Very smart, you won't be disappointed on track. Looks like you also have the xenon option with cornering lights, which is always nice!

:welcome: to the site dude!!!

Great trackday cars they are, sure you'll have a great time :smile::smile::smile:

Welcome to the site mate! Hope that you enjoy driving it as much as I enjoy mine!

You would have thought the dealer would have cleaned it before taking photos lol!

You need to get it added to the R27 list section.

Nice looking car, welcome to the site. So Uttoxiter, would that make you fit in the West Midands Area? If it does, put your name down in the West MIdlands regional forum members list!

Arran.

Hi there,

Not sure, previous owners name on the V5 is Paul, and the car was local to Chester/North Wales for most of its life.

Regards

Tim

It has a Doncaster reg number too, so it is from "the north" somewhere along
the line :smile::smile:

Enjoy the car, amazing choice of vehicle

Nice looking car, welcome to the site. So Uttoxiter, would that make you fit in the West Midands Area? If it does, put your name down in the West MIdlands regional forum members list!

Arran.

Hi there,

Not sure really. Uttoxeter seems to be a bit of a grey area, its in Staffordshire but does Staffs class as East Midlands, or West Midlands :confused1:

I happy to go anywhere I'm welcomed.

Regards

Tim