sliverstone wheels

Dazzer

Paid Member
Bought a set of silverstones last week to go on when I get my alloys refurbed
went to fit them on today and they don't seem to sit on the hub the bore hole seems a bit smaller
than the oe wheels has anyone else had this with there's

Fitted some at weekend and they went on OK. Have you got a rust build up around your hub?

Maybe use some brake cleaner and wire wool to clean it right back?

Bought a set of silverstones last week to go on when I get my alloys refurbed
went to fit them on today and they don't seem to sit on the hub the bore hole seems a bit smaller
than the oe wheels has anyone else had this with there's

I'm lead to believe that there are 'different' Silverstone sets out there.

Some supposedly have / used 14mm bolts (Same as our RS's)....and some used 12mm bolts [Hence i've seen a few who've bought these have had to drill out the holes to 14.5mm for example to accept Clio bolts !].

I also believe there are two different off-sets available.

The fact there is a different centre-bore size out there in these doesnt surprise me..........

I'm lead to believe that there are 'different' Silverstone sets out there.

Some supposedly have / used 14mm bolts (Same as our RS's)....and some used 12mm bolts [Hence i've seen a few who've bought these have had to drill out the holes to 14.5mm for example to accept Clio bolts !].

I also believe there are two different off-sets available.

The fact there is a different centre-bore size out there in these doesnt surprise me..........
Two of my wheels where 12mm I drilled them out,didn't think there was 2 different bore size but now been told there is
.Also got quoted today to get them bored out is 20/30 quid per wheel, think they will be going to the scrap yard.

That's unfortunate mate :worried: such a pain that there's so many slightly different variants out there.

Fitted some at weekend and they went on OK. Have you got a rust build up around your hub?

Maybe use some brake cleaner and wire wool to clean it right back?
I cleaned them up sanded,and then filed them down a bit,got one on but didn't look like it was sitting on the hub right.