Slight blow rear exhaust

Hey everyone looking for Abit of help, I recently took my car for an mot and I had an advisory of "slight blow rear exhaust" anyone ever had that before? I asked guy in the garage what it was and he wasn't much help atall he didn't really explain it to me and I didn't have time to wait around for him because I had work. Going to take it to the garage soon to see what can be done but just wondering if you lot could help me out and explain what it could be. Ps I'm useless with cars litteraly ain't got a clue haha
cheers!

Im pretty positive it will be your Manifold flexis, i got exactly same advisory december 2013 then march this year car sounded like a tank, the flexis had gone completely

I bought a new toyosports manifold for £220 off ebay then my mechanic charged me £150 to fit it, So cost me £370 in total. It's a pig of a job so beware of big prices to replace it. You can buy new flexis and get them welded in, but you still have to get the manifold off the car so........ Ktec are doing a manifold now as well how ever it's £600 tho. Best thing to do is get it to a garage and ask them to put it on the ramps and have a look for your self mate :smile:

I would investigate further before plunging into the manifold route.

Manifold flexis are a weak part of the exhaust system granted, but not the only thing that can go, get it checked out and confirmed, then it would be easier to advise what would be the best/cheapest option for you. I had my centre silencer blow which was a £50 repair, and I've also had the flexis go, which is a £400-£500 repair (i just replaced it with another standard manifold).

I think boxer got lucky with a £150 bill as you have to drop the subframe, and if you go down the toyosports route then you will most likely want a couple of lower engine mounts fitted.

Yeah like I said get it on a ramp mate. Just a heads up it's no more than 5 hours work for any half decent mechanic so should be no more than £250 in labour.