skiing holiday anyone been?

well after going to the Dominican republic 2 years ago iv havnt been away since as i was so ill after getting home, so the mises is trying to make me go on a skiing holiday as in her words "the food isnt bad in france" lol she has been but when she was young. so has anyone here been and what are your experiences food hotel and skiing in general lol

Forget France mate, haven't you heard... Sheffield is the new Ski resort.
We have seven hills to chose from and plenty of snow.

The food isnt too bad either! LOL

My parents have an appartment in the French Alps so i go skiing in France 2 or 3 times every season. Only problem with France is that its bloody expensive!

Skiing is good, always plenty of snow and food and drink is good

yea not too woreyd about money tbh as i havnt been away in a while so havnt spent money on a holiday abroad in ages. is the food quality beter than abroad spain etc?

I've snowboarded in France and Austria a few times.

Only had one place which was bad for food and that was in Les Gets in France. Eye of the needle stuff, if you catch my drift lol. In Spain and places you can usually catch your fast food fix and always have a safe bet. In the Alps you only really get pizza places and stuff which is all home made.

Winter holidays rock though. The atmosphere is so different to a summer holiday, plus you have adrenaline pumping for a good 5+ hours a day.

They can be pretty costly if you haven't been before, as you will have to buy suitable clothes and kit. If you require lessons they can be costly but its cheaper to have them at the resort instead of leaning in England. You also have the lift passes to pay for and the higher price than normal for food and drink. Plus the price of the holiday.

Worth every single penny though man.

Our streets and the Woods across the road are great for skiing at the mo why travel all that way lol

I'm hoping to be skiing in February. I've only been once previously and enjoyed it thoroughly, I would recommend it to anyone. A great time, if you don't enjoy it you need to see someone...

you'll love it after you get the 3 days of nursery slopes instruction out of the way, it's not a relaxing holiday you have to put the effort in, early starts getting wet, cold and hurting yourself. but the rewards are worth it, it's the next best thing to surfing.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hxrry1996 SO Wax Detailing 0
sevenfourate General Chat 5
sevenfourate General Chat 122
Chris General Chat 99
Chris General Chat 66