SJCAM mounting location in 197

Keen to see where others mount their in car cameras when taking it on track / spirited drive etc.

Any pics would be good :smile:

GoPro do a curved mount which fits nicely on the clock surround. So mine goes there

yeah there was in the box a cradle so you can mount the camera the right way up while hanging down using the sucker mount, if you use the waterproof case the camera will be upside down and you'll have to spend time flipping the video

googled a pic, like this

car-charger-and-mount-for-sj1000sj3000sj4000.jpg

if your using it externally then the case would be better obv and you wont be hanging it so it wont hurt, it does (or at least mine did) come with an anchor wire for external use as well, not that ive got round to trying it

I've put mine in the top left corner of the windscreen and it gets a good view out the front. It was on the sucker mount hanging upside down, with the image flipped. No photos, but this is a video I took from that angle:

[video=youtube;Zio9Wwg2wyA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zio9Wwg2wyA[/video]

I've got a track day booked with msv track days at brands hatch and I only have the go pro sucker mount which I was under the impression you could not use on track I wondered if there is some sort of mount which fixes the go pro in the car but can still be taken out as I don't really want go pro mounts stuck in the car as its a rare car

I didnt think you were allowed to mount cameras on the windscreen on track days anymore?

I have no idea tbh, we were cool on the day thats all I can say, ran the first couple of sessions with just the cradle, the footage is from the third session, ran I think 4 more on vid, no one said owt /shrug

I've often thought about putting a zip tie around my go pro onto the lower front grill, not to sure how well it would work though. Although the camera would then be exposed to the elements, which isn't ideal.

what about something like this

Camera-Sticker-accessories-GP09-2x-Flat-Curved-Mounts-with-adhesive-pads-For-SJCAM-SJ4000-Gopro-.jpg

the black bits are base mounts which fix in place using what looks a lot like number plate tape, would that be fixed enough?

What about the bike handle adaptor on the mirror?

have you got a link bud?

what about something like this

View attachment 11811

the black bits are base mounts which fix in place using what looks a lot like number plate tape, would that be fixed enough?

they look like the original go pro mounts which won't come off I kinda wanted something which I can take in and out but would be fixed if that makes sense