Silicone Hose Kits

Has anyone on here bothered changing there coolant hoses an induction hoses to the silicon items available from SFS an are they any good.
I know there mainly for cosmetic reasons but i can get em quite cheap so jus wanted some other peoples views

Quite a few of us but not for the sfs ones as they are way too expensive.
we have a member who makes them and sells the induction hoses and top coolant hose for around £100 delivered.

Have a look in my project/progress thread.

Send a PM to member "Exon" he will tell you what colours he has in.

Not much point changing the whole coolant hoses as you can't see most of them.

Quite a few of us but not for the sfs ones as they are way too expensive.
we have a member who makes them and sells the induction hoses and top coolant hose for around £100 delivered.

Have a look in my project/progress thread.

Send a PM to member "Exon" he will tell you what colours he has in.

Not much point changing the whole coolant hoses as you can't see most of them.

thats brilliant pal, thanks alot. thats still cheaper than the ones i was gonna get an i fort he was cheap lol. the ones i see are the main ones im bothered about to be honest. i'll give him a pm now

cheers dude

I've changed all the coolant hoses with ktecs full kit. As said maybe a waste of time as you can only see the header tanks small top hose and the two going into the heater matrix :worried:

But i can be assured at least that silicone hoses are better quality and more durable than standard jobbies, particulary good for me as my car has a majorly hard life!

haha, mines been havin a hard time recently, well since i brought it.
gonna get me a set me thinks, spoke to exon so jus need to decide a colour as my calipers an harnesses will be matchin as with a few other bits n bobs

What colours the car.?
Yellow is always a good choice as there are a few yellow bits as standard(oil cap, dip stick, writing on other caps)

ive thought about yellow, but i dunno, fancy tryin summit different so asked him what the green is like, if its nice, ill have the hoses in green, paint the calipers the same green, as with the harnesses, cage an few other niggles. should look cool if its the sort of green im hopin theyll be :wink:

I think is a waste of time and money, because standard ones are up to the job.

Yes, they do look pretty good, but, as people says here, you can see only a couple of them. The only reason I would put uprated silicone hoses is if the standard ones were not up to the job or if they are old and/or in bad condition.

You can do other things to improve the look of the engine bay for the same price as the silicone hoses, as polishing the intake plenum or painting some items, but that's just my opinion.

things will also be painted tho dude. i got an image in my head, im not really bothered bout the performance, jus looks bit nicer an my bro is gonna get me some nice shiney pipes, one like jases for the induction an some other bits. should look quite tasty i think

yeah has any1 thought of polishing there cylinder head? ive seen this done on 182's and it looks sweet might be a hard job though. i fancy yellow hoses where can i find the user exon to PM him?

yeah has any1 thought of polishing there cylinder head? ive seen this done on 182's and it looks sweet might be a hard job though. i fancy yellow hoses where can i find the user exon to PM him?

polished like this you mean.? :wink:
asdabash2009063.jpg
asdabash2009064.jpg

to find exon, go to comunity at top of page, go to members list in drop down, look under 'E'

shouldnt be long til mine looks abit like yours jase. gonna polish up the inlets when i match them, will polish/paint the throttle body when that has the lip taken out an obv my hoses will be green or yellow, an im havin a polished battery cover to :smile:

where did u get the carbon renault sport badge an the corrogated hose covers mate?

I made the badge for the engine top out of the same piece of carbon I used t make the spats.
The wire cover is from regal motorsport on eBay.