Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

How bloody exciting !

****Not jealous. Not jealous at all. Not fugging jealous :smile:

Hope to see them really soon then. Your interior is going to look incredible with them fitted.

Are you quite a big guy Simon ? (Seem to remember you saying that).
Some girls say I am, yes... oh you mean my gut? Yes it's big too :wink: I may struggle a bit in the recaros, will have to wait and see :smile:

3M shoes ? Your pulling my plank and Norfolk intelligence Mes surely. We need pics. You cant just come on a forum with random statements like that without quantifying them...... :smile:

Ha. I have a few. But the most ridiculous ones (which I believe is what you're looking for here :smiley: ) are the Adidas ZX 800 collaboration with Foot Patrol (before they got bought out and went shite!).

Normally they look like this:
L.Patrick-Simensen-Foot-Patrol-X-Adidas-ZX-800-Consortium-540x368.jpg

But when light hits them at the right angle, they look like this:
ekhm3c.jpg

It just comes and goes in flashes, you have to stand perfectly still and get the right angle to get them to stay bright. 95% of the time they look like they do in the first pic, just every so often, BOOM, laser beam feet!

:smiley:

Like those seats you posted, tbh, I'm a less is more man, still think a nice silver/grey stitch would be really nice and the logos in white as your thinking, really great contrast and easy for a resale too if you wanted to blow them out own their own!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'm just as guilty as you Shuv when it comes to keeping an eye on resale considerations when doing things. But I would strongly recommend that you put your desires first as you are going to be shelling out a fair whack for the seats so might as well have something that blows you away, without worrying whether you'd get another £200 for them in a few years when you come to sell as they're a more conservative design. Go bold, there needs to be some orange, whether it's simply stitching or logos.

Reactions: Johnny 99 and Micah
I'm just as guilty as you Shuv when it comes to keeping an eye on resale considerations when doing things. But I would strongly recommend that you put your desires first as you are going to be shelling out a fair whack for the seats so might as well have something that blows you away, without worrying whether you'd get another £200 for them in a few years when you come to sell as they're a more conservative design. Go bold, there needs to be some orange, whether it's simply stitching or logos.

Its a fair point regards resale value, as much as we love our little cars the more individual it becomes it 'could' be less valuable to the next person, modding a car usually means p*****g money into the wind unless you are lucky and find the right buyer.

Cant wait to see them finished though, ive got my fingers crossed for orange stitching!

It's a tough decision. I'd go for the less is more look in a nice soft leather. Not sure if you've considered this, but the Raider versions are perforated in the middle and contrast nicely.
It was an absolute pleasure getting into the car last night at the airport and driving back. Everything about these cars are just so easy to fall back in love with. Leather Recaro's are the absolute business. Whatever you choose, I know you'll be dead happy with them.

Ha. I have a few. But the most ridiculous ones (which I believe is what you're looking for here :smiley: ) are the Adidas ZX 800 collaboration with Foot Patrol (before they got bought out and went shite!).

Normally they look like this:
L.Patrick-Simensen-Foot-Patrol-X-Adidas-ZX-800-Consortium-540x368.jpg

But when light hits them at the right angle, they look like this:
ekhm3c.jpg

It just comes and goes in flashes, you have to stand perfectly still and get the right angle to get them to stay bright. 95% of the time they look like they do in the first pic, just every so often, BOOM, laser beam feet!

:smiley:

Those ZX's are brilliant Mes! I don't think i've actually seen them before, don't really own any runners but I'd love to have them in my Adidas collection!!

Back OT @sevenfourate Haven't you thought of a similar design to the Megane Trophy Recaros ? I know you said no alcantara but that bolster/edging trim texture is to die for! and you could always have leather to replace the alcantara.

renaultsportmegane275_06.jpg

Those ZX's are brilliant Mes! I don't think i've actually seen them before, don't really own any runners but I'd love to have them in my Adidas collection!!

Back OT @sevenfourate Haven't you thought of a similar design to the Megane Trophy Recaros ? I know you said no alcantara but that bolster/edging trim texture is to die for! and you could always have leather to replace the alcantara.

View attachment 18837

Aside from the fake carbon effect, those are LOVELY.

View attachment 18837

Ha! Nice one mate, I was expecting all sorts of ridicule! 500 pairs only and a fair few years old now. They come up on eBay every now and then but you'd be looking at getting on £300.

As for the seats, they look absolutely glorious. Agree with Christopher that the carbon bit is pants but everything else is stunning.

Shuv, you may have explained it before and I've missed it, but why no alcantara?

Until I saw those photos of the smooth seats, Shuv, I was thinking texture would be a good choice... But now I prefer the smooth! :smile:

As Simon has said, I think you need to go with what you would prefer the most - obviously you won't go for anything too outlandish, but with the amount of money you will be putting into them, they definitely need to appeal to your 'wants' first and foremost.

Smooth. Satin type finish. Charcoal or Anthracite in colour.

Today.....we'll tonight...is D-day as far as ordering material goes: fingers crossed !

Alcantara ? I'd rather get out and walk :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Those trophy seats are pure pimp status end of story.

Saw them in a trophy at k tec...such good looking seats.

I still think these are the nicest seats I have ever placed my behind into...so, so comfy...

abarth-corse-by-sabelt-03.jpg

To paraphrase something I said to Micah a while back... Ooh, you've become such a seat-materials bitch since you got these Recaros, Shuv :smile::smile::smile::wink:

Not my finest moment as far as biting ones tongue goes !

Looks like you've coined your very own catchphrase then Jimmy :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Not my finest moment as far as biting ones tongue goes !

Looks like you've coined your very own catchphrase then Jimmy :smile:

HA! Let it all out mate!

Personally, I think a bit of contrast, subtle of course, works really well. Black outers and very slightly lighter grey inners would look good I think. I love the perfed sections on Micah's seats too.

If I can help with mockups mate, please shout.