Show me your flaps!

Mudflaps that is :wink:

Thinking about getting some mudflaps for my car, because now were into winter and the roads are full of salt/grime/leaves, I can't wash the car enough!

I'm washing it every weekend at the moment and after one drive the sides of the car - The bottom of the doors and the skirts in particular are just full of crap and the car has quite a lot of stone chips too that i'd like to reduce happening.

So thinking mudflaps might be a good idea - Purely for practical purposes, not for looks. But obviously if they look pants they won't be going on my car.

I've always thought the back of the 197/200 has a bit of a rally car look to it so I don't think mudflaps would look too out of place, and they are cheap to buy too.

I've found these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c63f39dd6

Cheap enough, but don't want to be mounting them too low just for the sake of the logo on them, so may go for some plain universal ones instead.

Either way - Show me pics of your cars to help my decision :thumbsup:

At £9 I might get a set of these too.

I spent 8 hours yesterday cleaning the car and it's pretty much filthy already.

I'm interested to see how much of a difference they actually make.

At £9 I might get a set of these too.

I spent 8 hours yesterday cleaning the car and it's pretty much filthy already.

I'm interested to see how much of a difference they actually make.

Nothing! because all the dirt gets flicked and sucked up by the diffuser and the mud flaps literally do nothing! Have to clean my car just as much as I did before I had them mate

Nothing! because all the dirt gets flicked and sucked up by the diffuser and the mud flaps literally do nothing! Have to clean my car just as much as I did before I had them mate

I agree they do nothing to stop the spray but for myself, they stop mud as I live in the sticks, it's does help with relie bad dirt, I would post a pic of mine but there a wee bit squint haha

Halfords have plain black ones so I went and picked up a set for £9. They eBay ones but with out the 'Renault' on them.

I plan to fit them tomorrow night after another car washing session. I'll let you know how I get on.

I've purchased two sets as I'm planning to go front and rear.

Colt yours do look good - Pure rally style! Really surprised you've not found much difference with them though, especially mounted quite far out from the edge of the car.

I know that theres nothing really I can do about the back of the car because all the spray just whips around the back of the car. Its the lower half of the sides of the cars I want to help protect more. I did quite a lot of driving on country roads last week and my skirts had a thick layer of practically mud on them the full length of the doors! Maybe its the colour of the car that makes me realise it more, but i've never noticed it this bad on my last cars.

I like yours too Robo, they looks great style wise, but not sure how much muck protection they'll give being quite slim - Did you notice any difference with them?

Not sure whether to go for some plain ones or some with a logo on them, not sure I want a big logo on them either way as i'm thinking of fully debadging the back of my car for a cleaner look.

You'll have to drill holes to mount them, well you might be able to screw them straight into the plastic arch liner with self tapping screws but a small pilot hole would be best really.

Any more pics guys?

I got round to fitting these tonight. I just went for the Halfords 'Ripspeed' ones. Plain black and they were only £9. I didn't want to spend too much or get anything fancy as I only plan to keep them on over the winter.

These did come with 'RS' and 'Sport' stickers but they looked tacky as hell so I just binned them.

I drilled holes in the arch liner. It was a bit trickier than just going into the back bumper. I had to pack a few washers behind the two screws towards the outside of the arch.

IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0867.jpg

I did notice a difference on mine, but that's probably because my wheels are spaced 20mm so the bottom of the wheel actually sticks out from the arch. Don't get me wrong, the car still gets filthy, but it's not throwing as much grit and twigs up the side, now it's just spray.

Those halfords ones don't look bad actually, size wise they look spot on. May nip and get some, at least they're easily returned

I think you should. I didn't cut them at all and I think they line up pretty nicely with the rear diffuser lines.

I'll do you a full width photo tonight if I get a chance. I'm really pleased with them.