Should I change these tyres?

My front tyres are worn out and need changing. That's the easy bit.

My rear tyres are in very good condition with lots of tread left on them (probably 6mm or more) but are 6 years old (2007). I have 2 sets of wheels for my car so these haven't been on the car all that time, just the last 2 years. If money was no object, I'd change all 4 tyres and I probably will but with so much life in my back tyres, should I be worried about them?

If the overall condition is ok (no cracked sidewalls etc) then personally I would keep them on until I had the money spare to change them.

not worn out, not perished......I don't see why you'd change them. If the sidewalls are cracked then yes, get them swapped but otherwise it's just for the sake of it.

not worn out, not perished......I don't see why you'd change them. If the sidewalls are cracked then yes, get them swapped but otherwise it's just for the sake of it.

Thanks Danny. There is slight cracking on the edge where the tread meets the sidewall but the sidewalls themselves are in fine condition as I put a treatment on them each time I wash the car.

Deadmau5, all the tyres are Conti Sport 3. Thinking of putting Goodyear Eagles on as they won the EVO tyre test.

Just bought 4 Goodyear Eagle F1's for £92 each on Camskill. Pretty good value I think :smile:

Getting them fitted next week.

The issue is that although there is plenty of tread left and the sidewalls are in good condition, there is some evidence of cracking which indicates the rubber is perishing. If most of my driving was commuting to work, I wouldn't change them. 90% of the time I take the train to work so my car is used for the more enjoyable aspects of driving. I also have 2 petrol head kids in the back. Now the question is, how much is our lives worth? More than £200 to change the rear tyres IMO.

I was always going to change the rears but might have put it off for a few months.

Have you had the wheels off and checked both sidewalls? As bear in mind that the clios have an amount of camber and wear slightly faster on the inner edge! I'd be sticking some new tyres on....my choice of rubber is kuhmo KU39's very well priced and a brilliant sport tyre! If you know anyone that does tyres :wink: :wink: you might be able to get yourself a bargain!

What ever you get check when they were made my partner bought a pair of high end tyres from a well known high street retailer in march, We're having them replaced by the manufacturer as tee tread is lifting after only 4500 miles. Turns out they were made in 2008 and sold as new .